Two Safari browser extensions - which one is better?

Options
pit29
pit29
Community Member
edited October 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,

Not sure why but I ended up with two Safari browser extensions - one is "1Password for Safari", version 2.1.2, the other one is "1Password", version 7.8.8. Which one is the right (or "better") one? And how can I delete the other one as opposed to simply inactivating it in Safari's extensions?

Thanks
Peter

1Password Version: 7.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.0 (beta)

Comments

• Hello @pit29! 👋

I'm sorry for the confusion. If you're using 1Password 7 then it already includes an extension for Safari that is integrated with the 1Password 7 for Mac app and you don't need 1Password for Safari.

1Password for Safari is our new version of 1Password in the browser that is designed to integrate with 1Password 8. At the moment 1Password 8 is available in early access and if you're using 1Password 7 you can stick with the integrated extension.

To remove 1Password for Safari: close Safari and then open the Applications folder on your Mac. Drag 1Password for Safari to the Trash.

I hope that helps. :)

• pit29
    pit29
    Community Member
    Options

It does - thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Dave, you are welcome @pit29! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.