Syncing Across Mac and iOS

markplaskon
markplaskon
Community Member

Need some help! I've tried, really, to figure this out on my own. I've used 1Password for over a decade but can't seem to get the syncing to work correctly across my Mac at home, my phone, and my iPad.
Clearly I'm doing something wrong, but I just can't figure it out.

Using 1P 7.8.8 on Mac, 1P 7.8.3 on iPhone and iPad.

On the Mac, I don't see anywhere to choose syncing options like before (ie Dropbox). However, I have that option on the iPhone and iPad.......

I really don't care how it syncs, I just need it to work.

Can anyone guide me here? Thanks in advance!!

• Mark

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @markplaskon!

On the Mac, I don't see anywhere to choose syncing options like before (ie Dropbox). However, I have that option on the iPhone and iPad.......

This is the problem: if you don't see the sync menu in your 1Password for Mac app, it means that you have added a 1Password account under 1Password Preferences > Accounts tab. This way, your data is syncing automatically to 1Password.com.

On your iPhone and iPad however, you configured sync via Dropbox instead. If you have a 1Password account, we recommend using that to sync, rather than Dropbox, so please make sure you add your account to the 1Password app on your iPhone and iPad too, just like you did on your Mac:

How to add your 1Password account to the apps

This way, your iPhone and iPad will show the same items that you have in the 1Password for Mac app :+1:

• markplaskon
    markplaskon
    Community Member

Thanks so much ag_ana! All is working well now. Thanks!

• Hi @markplaskon, on behalf of Ana you're very welcome! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.