Can’t authenticate Safari extension “Incorrect password.”

wwwiii
wwwiii
Community Member

Title says it all. I’m running iOS 15 on an iPhone 12 Pro.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wwwiii!

Are you able to unlock the main 1Password app on your iOS device with the same password?

• wwwiii
    wwwiii
    Community Member

Hi ag_ana!

Yes. Been using 1Password for years also.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@wwwiii:

Thank you for the confirmation. I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your iOS device and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• wwwiii
    wwwiii
    Community Member
    edited October 2021

Alvin in Customer Support already helped me figure this out. There is an issue with 2FA in the Safari Extension. I disabled 2FA on my 1Password account and was able to log in on the extension successfully. Once I was logged in, and the device was registered, I was able to re-enable 2FA. Also, since the device is now registered, I am able to lock and unlock the extension freely.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @wwwiii, I am glad to hear that Alvin was able to help :+1:

• bryan432
    bryan432
    Community Member

@ag_ana Is there work being done to fix the bug here? I do not want to disable 2FA to login and am unable to.

• erick808
    erick808
    Community Member

I believe I have the same issue and I’m using Duo 2FA, with the caveat being I’m running on iOS 15.1 public beta 3.

I’d also prefer not to disable 2FA. Will this be fixed in an upcoming patch, or is temporarily disabling 2Fa the only workaround? Thanks!

• Hi @erick808:

I've added you to our internal tracker around signing into the 1Password for Safari extension specifically with Duo. Temporarily disabling Duo, if that's an option for you, should allow you to add your 1Password account to the extension, and can be re-enabled after it has been added without any impact on 1Password for Safari.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#10369

• hejog
    hejog
    Community Member

Is this bug fixed? kinda absurd to ask people to disable 2FA and also kinda absurd it just gives “incorrect password” notice

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2022

@hejog

2FA still causes problems with the Safari extension, I'm afraid. Disabling 2FA temporarily to work-around the problem is the only solution I'm aware of here. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Ben

Edit: Updated to reflect this problem is not exclusive to Duo, but rather affects all forms of 2FA

• hejog
    hejog
    Community Member

I don’t think i use Duo, i just have a regular 2FA dongle thing

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2022

I see. The messages just above yours were about Duo specifically. Unfortunately it seems the only way to resolve this is to temporarily disable 2FA, sign in with the Safari extension, and then re-enable 2FA. I've updated my original message to reflect that. Again I apologize for the inconvenience that causes.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.