Unlocking 1Password with Touch ID plus one more

Options

Using 1Password 8 it appears I currently have to click on the fingerprint button in order to use Touch ID to unlock my vault. In 1Password 7 this wasn't the case, and it would prompt/accept Touch ID immediately. I'm using a 13" M1 MBP with an external Touch ID keyboard.

Also, a secondary item that I trust is just due to the lack of polish on this EA release. The lack of transitional animations between locked and unlocked states is jarring feels unfinished. Right now, when I unlock the vault the authentication screen goes away, it turns black and pauses, then UI elements start to appear as well as loading indicators. Finally the UI is loaded. This part really feels like a web-app rather than native app experience.

(Note I'm on Monterey Beta)

1Password Version: 80200044
Extension Version: 2.0.6
OS Version: Monterey Beta

Comments

• Hi @x19,

Thanks so much for testing out 1Password 8.

On Touch ID, that definitely seems off and isn't my experience on Big Sur. I'll get our developers to look at it to make sure everything is still working as intended in the latest Monterey beta.

On the animation and polish. Can you clarify where you are seeing this? From my testing the animations are quick, but with the 1Password app they are still there and there isn't a blank screen. Maybe you are referring to the extension beta? Or this again may be something with the Monterery beta, but I wouldn't think the animations would completely disappear.

If you can take a screenshot of the loading section when it is black / paused. Just make sure to not included any of your private data in that screenshot.

• EdmundCraske
    EdmundCraske
    Community Member
    Options

I am seeing the issue with Touch ID not coming up automatically and I'm on Big Sur...

This discussion has been closed.