Save "remember me" check box when updating login

Options

I don't suppose there's been any internal movement on this issue: https://1password.community/discussion/118793/save-remember-me-check-box-when-updating-login-also-an-issue-when-saving-new-login ?

I'm not only still bumping up against it regularly, but it's the last hurdle that keeps me from finally converting my husband from Roboform to 1Password so we can more easily share logins. Obviously when I import his Roboform logins, they won't already have all the "Remember me" type boxes saved, but that's not a big deal if I could show him how to just quickly fill the box and update the login, boom done. But explaining that he has to create a brand new login each time he runs into this, and each time manually copy any other details he may have saved (notes, URLs, etc.) from the old one into the new one - well, he'll just end up continuing to use Roboform. :-/

(Side note, it's because I switched from Roboform initially myself that I have so many logins that are now missing those "Remember me" boxes.)

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @somegirl ,

There has been some movement on this issue but not in the old classic extension that you may still be using.
    Our latest 1Password in the browser can and will save/update checkbox selection. If you don't have it yet, you can install it from here: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/

To trigger the update/save prompt, right-click the extension's icon in the browser's toolbar and select "Save Login" after you change the "Remember me" checkbox's value on the page.

• somegirl
    somegirl
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, interesting, I hadn't been using that version because it didn't used to connect to the Windows app, but it appears now that it does, so I will try that out!

• Awesome @somegirl, we hope you enjoy it! Feel free to share your impressions any time. 🙏

This discussion has been closed.