Android Browser support lacking

Henihazbay
Henihazbay
Community Member

Hi
1password seem to work only with Chrome.
Whereas I use Yandex, Kiwi and other non-mainstream browsers and the lack of autofill is a big miss.
Is there a way to fix this

Comments

• ag_audrey
    edited December 2020

Hey @Henihazbay, thank you for reaching out. 1Password has support for many browsers, such as Chrome, Firefox, Firefox Focus, DuckDuckGo, Opera, Samsung, Brave, etc.

Some browsers do not support Autofill, and some browsers we have not added support for yet. I'll pass along your requests for support of Yandex and Kiwi along to our development team.

Let us know if you have any other questions :)

• Henihazbay
    Henihazbay
    Community Member

Yeah thanks. Having said that Bitwarden is perfectly able to do what I described

• @Henihazbay, you're very welcome. In the meantime, please continue using 1Password in browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, etc. :)

• Henihazbay
    Henihazbay
    Community Member
    edited December 2020

I would, if I could... Until then no 1password for me unfortunately.

• ag_audrey
    edited December 2020

@Henihazbay, we're very sorry to hear that. I've already passed along your requests to our developers.

If there's anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

• captnkite
    captnkite
    Community Member

I'm unable to use 1P with Brave browser either on Android 11

• captnkite
    captnkite
    Community Member

Accessibility turned ON and Brave pswd save OFF, & still no autofill functionality available.

• Hi @captnkite. It looks as though Autofill isn't currently working in Brave, and our developers are looking into this. I'll share your feedback with them as well.

ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#1356

• _Arnaud_
    _Arnaud_
    Community Member

Hi 1P team!
    I'm facing the same described problem: no autofill with Android 11 Brave browser.
    I'm currently in my testing period with 1Password (14 days left).
    Can I have an ETA or do i have to switch to another passwords manager?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2021

We don't have an ETA yet, but our developers are aware of this Arnaud. I have also let them know that you are experiencing this as well :+1:

(I cannot at-mention you directly for the notification since your username starts with an underscore character, and our forum software does not seem to like that :) )

• _Arnaud_
    _Arnaud_
    Community Member

Thank you @ag_ana
    Hope a solution will be find quickly!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

We hope so too :) Thank you for your patience so far!

• oetorrez
    oetorrez
    Community Member

I am also experiencing autofill issues with Brave on Android 11. With Brave, autofill seems to work for a few sites right after a starting the browser from a closed state, but autofill ceases to show up after a short while. I have experienced no such issues with Chrome.

• Hey @oetorrez, thanks for chiming in here! As Peri mentioned above, this is a known issue with Brave after the Android 11 update. Our development team is still investigating this issue, so we appreciate your patience with us during this time.

In the meantime, you can temporarily switch browsers or try using our drag and drop feature in Brave: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-android/#drag-and-drop-to-fill-in-other-apps.

• semicuda
    semicuda
    Community Member

The situation with Brave seems to have improved with the latest update (bringing Chromium 89), or is that just me?

• Hey @semicuda, you are correct that our development team has resolved the issue with Autofill in Brave in the latest stable build :)

You can take a look at our release notes: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPA4.

• Henihazbay
    Henihazbay
    Community Member

Hi
    Op here.
    Now that kiwi has 2m Daily active users, can you let us know what's the plan to support please ?

• Hey @Henihazbay, it looks like @jack.platten and @ag_ana have responded to you in another Forum!

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with :)

• Henihazbay
    Henihazbay
    Community Member

well that'd be really helpful if you could give an update on where Kiwi is (if at all) on your backlog?

• @Henihazbay:

I'm sorry, but I don't have further information to share at this time. We keep our roadmap fairly private so we can maintain some level of flexibility.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.