Autofill menu not showing on field focus but works from extension button on toolbar in edge.

When I try to set up https://www.wakefieldrrc.com/wake.php?vw=payment/account
The autofill menu not showing on field focus but works from extension button on toolbar in edge.
The option is turned on in the settings.
Here are my labels with an example:
account_number_1 01
account_number_2 123456789

Again, the only way I can get these to fill is by clicking "Autofill" from the extension on the toolbar.

Also, as for the 1Password version. I can only find this listed on the setup file. I cannot find "Help > About 1Password" anywhere. Not even in appwiz.cpl.

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: 2.1.0
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise Version 20H2
Referrer: forum-search:difficult page

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2021

Hey @johnhouk ,

1Password will show up in pages with specific hints and structure. For example, it will always show up if a page contains a password field. It might show up if the page has an email field. It might not show up if the page only has a text field (or multiple text fields), depending on the form's structure and how they named these fields.

In the website you sent over, the two fields are text fields and they specifically added the autocomplete="off" flag to them to prevent autofilling, so not only does 1Password not have enough to go on in this page, it is also being hinted to not show up by the website.

I am glad to hear that autofilling via the extension's popup window works though!

• johnhouk
    johnhouk
    Community Member

Thanks Fabc for the excellent response!
    I'll keep these things in mind going forward.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Glad I could help :)

This discussion has been closed.