Merging vaults

Hanineal
Hanineal
Community Member

My wife ended up with two 1P accounts and would like to cancel one. But first she needs to consolidate entries from the two vaults. Is there any way to merge vaults without having to copy each individual entry? Ideally, it would leave you with a single vault. If necessary you delete any duplicates, but the idea would be to get all your entries in to one vault on the 1Password servers.

Comments

• Kryten
    Kryten
    Community Member

Same problem here. I upgraded 1P with a new iMac / Big Sur and now somehow have 2 vaults and duplicates all over signs ins.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Hanineal!

You cannot merge vaults automatically, but you can move all of them in bulk from one vault to another:

Move and copy items

You can then remove the duplicate 1Password account from the app, or delete it altogether if you prefer.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Kryten:

Do you also have two vaults in two different accounts, or are the two vaults in a single account for you?

• Kryten
    Kryten
    Community Member

Thank you agana. I have fixed it by moving some from one vault to the other and then deleting the vault I don't need.

• On behalf of Ana, you are very welcome @Kryten! :smile:

• Kryten
    Kryten
    Community Member

Thanks Jack. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong as sometimes the Firefox add-on log in requires the local password and sometimes it takes time 20 seconds to load and requires the password for the log in to your site. It's a bit confusing. OS 11.5.2 / FF 78.15.0esr. This has only happened since upgrading 1P to Big Sur on a new iMac.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Kryten:

sometimes the Firefox add-on log in requires the local password and sometimes it takes time 20 seconds to load and requires the password for the log in to your site.

If you have two main passwords, it sounds like you still have multiple vaults in your 1Password app:

The way 1Password unlocks is:

• If a Primary vault exists, then it unlocks using the Master Password for that vault, regardless of what, if any, memberships are signed in
    • If a single 1Password membership is signed in, then it unlocks using the Master Password for that membership account
    • If multiple memberships are signed in, then it unlocks using the Master Password of the first added membership

Can you confirm what you mean by "local password"?

• Kryten
    Kryten
    Community Member

No I don't think so Ana, I only have the one now :

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Kryten:

Thank you for the confirmation! So what do you mean exactly by "local password"? Do you mean that you unlock the 1Password app on your computer with a different password than the one you use to login to your 1Password.com account in a browser?

• Kryten
    Kryten
    Community Member
    edited October 2021

Apologies Ana, you did ask before. Yes the password for the Firefox Add On or widget is different to the logging in to your website. Sometimes the FF Add On accepts my password that has always been the same going back several versions and sometimes it takes time to load and only accepts the website login password.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Kryten:

Yes the password for the Firefox Add On or widget is different to the logging in to your website.

Since you don't have a Primary vault, I wonder at this point if you created two separate 1Password accounts instead. Can you please send us some logs so we can take a closer look for you?

After you have sent the email, please post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Kryten
    Kryten
    Community Member

Thank you Ana - [#HRT-95255-619] 1Password Diagnostics Report

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Kryten:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: I see that my colleagues have already replied to you over there, so I will let you continue the conversation via email :)

ref: HRT-95255-619

• Kryten
    Kryten
    Community Member

Thank you Ana, I think it's all fixed now. I'm wondering if the second FF profile was created when I used Migration Assistant to this new Mac. I had no idea separate profiles even existed in FF. Thanks for your excellent support.

• On behalf of Ana, you are very welcome @Kryten! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.