1Password not respecting ports on URLs

I have multiple recorded usernames/passwords for the same host + domain, but different ports. Essentially, CPanel hosting, where port 2083 is the admin panel, 2096 is the email login. Logins for the latter do not work on the former.

1Password insists on showing port 2096 logins on port 2083. This clutters my view and, given the tiny dropdown that the browser extension uses, makes 1Password get in my way instead of helping me.

Is this expected behaviour? Is there a setting I've missed?

1Password Version: 7.8.820
Extension Version: 2.1.2
OS Version: Win 10

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cricalix!

1Password works at the domain level, so this is currently expected behavior: it ignores port numbers or subdomains when it chooses what to suggest. Our developers are collecting feedback on this however, and I can see how this could be useful to you, so while I cannot make any promises, I can tell you that I have shared your feedback internally too :)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#31

• cricalix
    cricalix
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_ana . Would be really nice to support ports, because a lot of shared web hosting setups will have different ports for different purposes, and logins for one port don't work on the other.

• Hi @cricalix, thanks for your follow up here. Your feedback has been noted and the dev team will continue to review as appropriate. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.