Masked Mail Not Supported on Mac 1Password App yet?

alobaidizt
alobaidizt
Community Member

Hello,

I just signed up for Fast Mail and and linked to 1Password but Masked Mail is not working on Mac 1Password app or Safari Extension. It's working properly on Chrome Browser and I get prompted for masked mail when signing up and clicking on email field.

1Password Version: 7.8.7
Extension Version: 7.8.7
OS Version: MacOS BigSur 11.6

Comments

• OscarGong
    OscarGong
    Community Member

I second this question. And it is worth to mention that Masked Mail not supported on 1Password iOS either.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@alobaidizt, @OscarGong:

You are correct, masked emails is supported in the 1Password browser extension, not in the desktop or mobile apps.

• alobaidizt
    alobaidizt
    Community Member

@ag_ana but it's not supported in safari browser yet for desktop. Any word on when it will be supported there?

• Hi @alobaidizt:

Creating masked emails in Safari requires the 1Password for Safari extension. That extension does not integrate with 1Password 7. It can either operate with your 1Password membership separately from the app, or it can integrate with 1Password 8 for Mac Early Access.

Jack

• Solos
    Solos
    Community Member
    edited October 2021

So if I have 1Password 7 installed on my Mac (I have 1Password membership) and 1Password on iOS/iPadOS, it doesn't work now. Are you planning to implement it in nearest updates of those apps? I do not want to use 1Password for Safari extension if 1Password for Mac gives already button in Safari browser. I would also like to use this functionality directly in iOS/iPadOS 1Password apps.

• alobaidizt
    alobaidizt
    Community Member

@jack.platten Thank you for your words of wisdom! Got the early access, it looks great, and masked emails work now as well. Loving the new release! @ag_ana Thanks for your help as well!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Solos:

I will pass your request to the rest of the team :+1: If you would like to use the feature already now, we recommend using the 1Password for Safari extension as my colleague Jack suggested above.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @alobaidizt :)

This discussion has been closed.