Multiple issues since installation (yesterday)

Hi all,

Well, yesterday I started using 1Password, I wanted to try it on, but since the beginning I'm having problems with the desktop app.

The first one was trying to install the desktop program, a Windows message popped-up and said the program was not trusted, I had to click in "run anyway". I got scared today by this, and try to unistall and reinstall 1Password, the message didn't show again in the installation. I'm sure I downloaded the program from the official website, so, I don't know why this happened. I have to say that the "preference" menu of the desktopp app didn't had all the options that I found after reinstalling the software. My passwords got stored and cloud-save well so I don't know if I have to worry.

The second problem of the desktop app was that sometimes, when I click in "open an autofill" in one of my stored passwords, my two screens go black, like there's no signal from the graphic card. I think this is some feature related with the secure desktop, but I want to know if this is normal or not.

And the last one is that when I click on "exit" from the desktop app, I got a message error that says "an unexpected program exception ocurred". This didn't happened to me again, but I want to ask about it.

Thanks for the support and have a nice day.

1Password Version: 7.8.820
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Home 21H1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @SilverPigtail!

I have to say that the "preference" menu of the desktopp app didn't had all the options that I found after reinstalling the software.

Can you give us some examples? Do you remember some settings which can you see there now, and which were not there before?

With regards to the other two issues, the next time that this happens, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your PC and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• SilverPigtail
    SilverPigtail
    Community Member

Hi ag_ana!

About the examples, I remember that in the preference menu only appeared the update version and two things more, not even all the options that I currently have.

I will create the diagnostic file when I return home. Since then, I want to ask if I have to worry about all of this.

And I have another question: My master password got saved on my vault by itself when I created my 1Password account, is this normal?

Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@SilverPigtail:

About the examples, I remember that in the preference menu only appeared the update version and two things more, not even all the options that I currently have.

Is it possible you might have downloaded the latest 1Password 8 Early Access version?

I will create the diagnostic file when I return home.

Understood, thank you :+1:

Since then, I want to ask if I have to worry about all of this.

If you did indeed download 1Password 8, you have nothing to worry about :)

My master password got saved on my vault by itself when I created my 1Password account, is this normal?

Yes, by default we create an item in your vault when you create your 1Password account :+1:

This discussion has been closed.