When I edit the title of an item, ENTER or CTRL + ENTER should

Options
sguergachi
sguergachi
Community Member

This is another issue, I type in a text field, if I press CTRL + ENTER i expect it to submit.

1Password Version: 8.2.0-56.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Joshua_ag
    edited October 2021
    Options

Hi @sguergachi,

Thanks for testing 1Password 8. Can you clarify what you mean by 'submit'. From my understanding you are editing the title of an item in 1Password 8 and then press Ctrl + Enter are you expecting the item to save (like if you pressed Ctrl + S) or are you trying to get to the next field of an item (like if you press tab)? Or something else?

Let me know what you are expecting and we can go from there.

Edit: spelling.

• sguergachi
    sguergachi
    Community Member
    Options

I expect it to submit and save what I typed so far. Not sure if you have a keyboard shortcut for that but in windows usually one of those two works.

• sguergachi
    sguergachi
    Community Member
    Options

Like I’m a comment text field or a form online you hit CTRL ENTER to submit

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

I object to such a function. An entry in my password manager is so important, I must be absolutely sure a changed entry will contain exactly the information I want it to contain. This includes the requirement to not too easily submit (possibly unintended) changes. An explicit click on some Save button is perfectly fine to make me recall the changes I made and finally release or revoke them. CTRL-Enter is too similar to just ENTER and too easily invoked.

• tiltowaitt
    tiltowaitt
    Community Member
    Options

Personally, I don't think Ctrl + Enter is a very likely accidental sequence.

• sguergachi
    sguergachi
    Community Member
    Options

Ctrl+Enter requires you press 2 different buttons, I fail to see how it's too easily invoked
    Additionally, unnecessary friction for something that is easily reversible makes zero sense and simply kills flow. Keyboard shortcut is critical for people who depend on them and expect them in every windows desktop application.

• Hi @sguergachi,

Thanks for providing more information about your request! As @Joshua_ag mentioned, the current keyboard shortcut for this functionality is Ctrl + S - this will save any changes you have made to the item, including changing the item title.

I've logged your feedback about adding a Ctrl + Enter shortcut as well.

Thanks,
    Robbie

This discussion has been closed.