1Password don't sync until completely quit

sergeyklochko
sergeyklochko
Community Member

Problem exist since I update 1Password to version 7. I ask support, but they said it's not 1PAssword problem, just my Comps.

What I have.
I have 1Password on Mac, MacBook, iPad and iPhone.
When I add or change password on iPhone it's changed on iPad, but not on Mac or MacBook until I quit 1Password completely there. Same story when I change or add password on iPad - iPhone know new password, Mac and MacBook steel use old password base.

If I change password on Mac - MacBook, iPhone and iPad can't see it until I completely quit 1Password. When I change or create on MacBook - Mac, iPad and iPhone can't see new passwords until I completely quit 1Password on device where I change password.

How can I fix it? I need to restart 1Password every time when I add or change password on any device. But sometime I forgot to do it and it is a pain if I changed it on Mac at home and discover my fault on MacBook far away from home.

1Password Version: 7.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Any MacOS

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sergeyklochko!

What sync method is this happening with?

• sergeyklochko
    sergeyklochko
    Community Member

1Password's cloud.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@sergeyklochko:

Thank you for the confirmation. It is difficult to say what might be happening without the logs, but it sounds like you were in touch with support already, so you might have sent them already.

I ask support, but they said it's not 1PAssword problem, just my Comps.

Can you share the ticket number of your email conversation, so we can check what was written there? Thank you!

• sergeyklochko
    sergeyklochko
    Community Member

I can't remember.
    I ask support to made sync button or shortcut (cmd-s for example) to be sure all data is sync'ed. But get answer our sync work like a swiss clock.

I think it's because I never lock my 1Password, just comps. May be 1Password sync data only when unlock or lock app? It is the only difference between running app and starting app in my case.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@sergeyklochko:

I can't remember.

You can check the subject line of the email conversation, it will be there :+1:

I think it's because I never lock my 1Password, just comps. May be 1Password sync data only when unlock or lock app?

This might be related: if you switch from one vault to another, for example, and then back to the first vault, is data synced then?

• sergeyklochko
    sergeyklochko
    Community Member

I can't find conversation since it was when 1password 7 was launched and I delete whole email thread.
    Today it's worked like a magic. But sometime I have this problem. Since it's not 100% case it's hard to find some evidence to decide what happened and why it doesn't work.

May be add some "synced" indicator when you add item or "last sync" to whole base? It's help to check sync status and troubleshoot problem.

• sergeyklochko
    sergeyklochko
    Community Member

ok. It's happen now. I add record on my Mac and it don't sync to MacBook. When I switch vaults it appear.

• sergeyklochko
    sergeyklochko
    Community Member

Look like device after sleep don't sync base until switch vaults.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@sergeyklochko:

Thank you for the updates! I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• garyhooper
    garyhooper
    Community Member
    edited October 2021

@ag_ana, I am seeing the same problem. I have updated a Medical Record, and deleted two documents, on my Mac (11.6). However, my iPhone (14.8) is not showing these update: it shows the original Medical Record, and the two deleted documents are still present. Even after killing the iOS app and restarting, it is not sync'ing.

Why is it not sync'ing, and how do I manual force a sync?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@garyhooper:

What sync method are you using?

• garyhooper
    garyhooper
    Community Member

@ag_ana, I'm sync'ing to 1password.ca. However, it is now working. I will investigate further.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @garyhooper, keep us posted :+1:

This discussion has been closed.