Where is the email address source record(s) for autofill?

Options
sspaus
sspaus
Community Member
edited October 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I'd appreciate some help here from the community. I use 4 email addresses regularly for different reasons. 2 of them are always suggested by 1Password (as you can see from the screenshot below). However, I don't know what the source record (or records) are for these. Therefore, I don't know how to add the additional 2 email addresses that I use regularly. Can anyone please advise?

1Password Version: 7.8.820
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: Wind 10 pro x64

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sspaus!

In your screenshot, it looks like the suggestions are actually coming from your browser, and are hiding the ones coming from 1Password. Our recommendation is to remove this feature so you can add all information inside 1Password instead:

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

To have email suggestions coming from 1Password, you can use Identity items:

Save and fill credit cards and addresses

• sspaus
    sspaus
    Community Member
    Options

I just checked my Brave browser settings and they have been switched off ever since I installed 1Password. So it's definately not pulling from the browser.

I think these email addresses are coming from 2 "Identity" records that I have set up. However, it seems like autofill only pulls the 1st email address within each identity Record. In one of my identity records, I have set up all 4 of my email addresses, but they do not show up on Autofill, only the 1st one.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @sspaus ,
    You are correct - 1Password will suggest the first email from an identity item on websites where there's an email field.

If you have four different emails, you can create four different identity items that contain only your email (no need to fill out all the fields, just the email field in each one), and that way 1Password will suggest all four emails when you encounter an email field on a website.

This discussion has been closed.