How to limit family organizers to manage my vaults

sherifelabd
sherifelabd
Community Member

When I add a new vault, how to I limit family organizers to manage my new vaults?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sherifelabd!

Can you please clarify what you are trying to do? In what way would you like to limit other organizers to manage the vaults?

• sherifelabd
    sherifelabd
    Community Member

@ag_ana
    If I (owner) add a new vault (ex. Banks) and I let my son be a family organizers, and as per the current default application he can allow / disallow me (owner) from Viewing, Editing and even Managing MY vault (Banks). What Im asking is when I give a permission to any of my family members to be an organizer is how to limit this permission on my vaults (they should not get any control (or make it optional) over my vaults.

I hope i expressed my self better this time.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@sherifelabd:

Thank you for the clarification! At the moment this is not possible: another Family Organizer will have the same rights as an existing Family Organizer. By default, this include everything you can do in the account, including vault management.

Have you considered inviting this person as a regular family member instead?

Add and remove family members

• sherifelabd
    sherifelabd
    Community Member

@ag_ana
    I need someone else to be an Organizer for any recovery or if anything happens to me they don't lose their vaults.

Can you please consider this feature in the future upgrades?

• I'd absolutely be happy to add your voice to the feature request for this. :+1: Thank you for the feedback.

Ben

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#211

This discussion has been closed.