XIII
XIII
Community Member
edited October 2021 in Lounge

Comments

• 3rdparty
    3rdparty
    Community Member

Was literally just looking today for a feature like this.

Questions:

1. is there a way to manage/delete a shared item once it's been created in 1PW Personal/Families?
    2. will included 2FA codes be shared/updated as part of a shared item?
  • Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member

If the function displays a QR code for the link, it would be perfect.

• connrs
    connrs
    Community Member

This is definitely an awesome addition.

Is there any plan to allow for some sort of branding on this screen for business accounts? We're not looking for any white label branding but it would be reassuring for some of our clients if we had our main logo icon and business name available on-screen.

• drhender
    drhender
    Community Member

Such a helpful feature and works great! It would be helpful to have the option (if the shared item is a login) to "hide" the password so that the receiver can copy and use it without ever seeing what it actually is. Or perhaps "virtualize" or "mask" it like you do with credit cards and email addresses. QR code is a great idea.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

that the receiver can copy and use it

If the receiver can copy it, (s)he can paste it (in an editor) and see it…

• Hi all,

I know I'm super excited by Item Sharing being out, and I'm glad you all are too!

@3rdparty:
    Due to some of the context I laid out here, if a link has been shared with someone you didn't want them to have access to in the first place, or no longer want them to have access to, your best bet is to edit the original item and change any secrets within. Changes to the item after sharing occurs are not shared.

The share link will contain everything that's in your view of the item, so 2FA codes will update on the page live.

@Tertius3:
    I can definitely see how a quick QR code would be handy, so I've added a feature request on your behalf!

@drhender:
    The tricky part about that is there's nothing stopping the recipient from pasting the password into a text editor, like Notepad on Windows or TextEdit on Mac. If you're not confident that a recipient of a password won't use it maliciously, the best next steps is to rotate the password after it the sharing link expires.

Jack

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#971

• 3rdparty
    3rdparty
    Community Member

@jack.platten ok so I understand you mean change the original (source) password as the shared item cannot be deleted?

Please file a feature request to be able to easily delete/destroy a shared item. Also while at it, being able to select that link self-destructs after a certain number of views would be super helpful as well - many other password sharing tools offer this.

• jqxfxiva
    jqxfxiva
    Community Member

Do not work on 1Password.eu domain.

• 1feek
    1feek
    Community Member

Is this option also working for a local vault? I've updated to 1Password 7 Version 7.9 but I do no see a share password option.

• @3rdparty:

I've added your input to our issue tracking this. Thanks for the feedback!

@jqxfxiva:

Item sharing is available across all of the 1Password regions.

@1feek:

Item Sharing via share.1password.com is only available to 1Password accounts.

Jack

ref: dev/b5/b5#14093

• 1feek
    1feek
    Community Member
    edited October 2021

@jack.platten: I do understand it is not working 1password.com, because you need at least a online vault 😃

So for a local vault it should work and it is a bug?

BTW, it also isn't working on iPad OS and iOS

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@1feek:

Password sharing only works on vaults stored on 1Password.com, it is not available for standalone vaults.

• 1feek
    1feek
    Community Member

@ag_ana thats not so fine :(

In none of the support documents it is mentioned as required! So please correct this!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@1feek:

I will be happy to pass your feedback to the documentation team :+1:

This discussion has been closed.