Siri search does not return (older) entries

snellejelle
snellejelle
Community Member
edited October 2021 in iOS

Hi,

I want to report an issue concerning Siri Search on iOS devices.

I have activated "Show content in Search" in the iOS 1Password settings. When searching for entry names in the Siri search bar, not all entries are found. In fact I found out only entries that I have updated recently are found. Older entries are not returned.

Example:
When I search for 'Amazon' in Siri Search, no 1Password entry is found in the search results.

When I go to 1Password (either through the iOS app or Windows app) and update the entry (by adding a section / field, change username or password), and search again, Amazon is returned in the Siri search results. This makes me conclude that the Siri search does not index older entries that I have not updated recently.

Looking forward if anyone else came across this issue

best,
Jelle Stuurman

Running 1Password 7.8.3 for iOS on iPhone 13 mini with iOS 15.0.1. I also came across this issue with an iPhone 6S running iOS 14.8.

1Password Version: 7.8.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.0.1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @snellejelle!

I wonder if refreshing the autofill results would help here. To do so, open 1Password on your iOS device and go to Settings > Password AutoFill, and wait until data has updated.

Does every login show in the list now?

• snellejelle
    snellejelle
    Community Member

@ag_ana thanks for your reply.

Good idea! Unfortunately this didn't help.

I have also disabled and enabled the 'Show content in Search' toggle in the iOS settings and then rebooted my device, as suggested in the support documentation. This did not help either.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@snellejelle:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your iOS device and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• snellejelle
    snellejelle
    Community Member

Ok, thank you.

I have generated a diagnostics report and created a ticket, under number: #ZHL-41425-642

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@snellejelle:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: ZHL-41425-642

This discussion has been closed.