1password on pc, extension and program

muiz_zahuri
muiz_zahuri
Community Member
edited October 2021 in Lounge

I want to use 1password on my computer and my phone. Apps in my phone is easily configured, but I got some question and complain for computer.
1) Do i need to install both 1password program and browser extension on my computer? Or do I need only one of them?
2) I use Edge browser. but I cant install the extensio. always prompt An error has occurred Download interrupted. So now i have to use Google Chrome.
3) Password generator in 1password program does not have Digits&Numbers separator and capitalize if I choose Words type password, while it is there in Google Chrome extension

1Password Version: 7.9.822
Extension Version: 2.1.2 Edge Add-ons
OS Version: Windows 10 Home 21H1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @muiz_zahuri!

1) Do i need to install both 1password program and browser extension on my computer? Or do I need only one of them?

You could only install the browser extension if you wish, but the desktop app can be useful too. You will spend most of the time using the browser extension though, so you can start by installing that and seeing if that is enough for you.

2) I use Edge browser. but I cant install the extensio. always prompt An error has occurred Download interrupted. So now i have to use Google Chrome.

Can you please post a screenshot of this error message?

3) Password generator in 1password program does not have Digits&Numbers separator and capitalize if I choose Words type password, while it is there in Google Chrome extension

Our developers are working at addressing all of these differences, so hopefully these settings will all look the same everywhere soon :)

• muiz_zahuri
    muiz_zahuri
    Community Member

it does this every time.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@muiz_zahuri:

Do you perhaps have other extensions installed in Edge, such as an ad blocker, for example?

• muiz_zahuri
    muiz_zahuri
    Community Member
    edited October 2021

No i don't have another extensions installed in Edge. I've reset setting and check for extension and try to install 1password extension again but still failed. I just tried installing another extension from Edge Add-ons, and failed too. maybe it is Edge problem or sth

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@muiz_zahuri:

If this is happening with more than one extension, then it is likely that this is an Edge issue. I can suggest making sure that there are no pending updates for the browser, and perhaps try rebooting your system once :+1:

This discussion has been closed.