Touch id with 1Password 8

Options

When I open 1Password 8 the program opens with the sign in screen for me to type in my password or click on the touch id image and then I can use my finger to open the program.

I wish when I open the program I didn't have to click on the touch id image in order to use the touch id. Can the touch id automatically prompt me to use my finger to I don't first need to click on the imagine before I use my finger?

This extra step is not necessary.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.2.2
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: 11.6
Referrer: forum-search:login

Comments

• AdieB
    AdieB
    Community Member
    Options

On the build I'm on (latest nightly) then the touch id / watch prompt appears automatically to unlock - no clicking required.

• klakulak
    klakulak
    Community Member
    Options

Now it is working when I updated to 8.4. I assumed the program would automatically install the updates. Thanks for your help. Matt

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear 8.4 has improved the situation. Thanks for the update! :+1:

Ben

• Arthur Lockman
    Arthur Lockman
    Community Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

I'm on what appears to be the latest beta (80400002, on BETA channel) and I'm still having this problem, actually. Here's a link to a diagnostics report: [removed]

Not sure what else you need to diagnose this but happy to provide it!

• noktulo
    noktulo
    Community Member
    Options

I'm running 80400019, on BETA channel and am having to enter my password every time, no Touch ID prompt.

• fletchni
    fletchni
    Community Member
    Options

I am also running 8.4.0 (80400019) and and confirm this is inconsistent. So far I cannot find any logic to recreate on demand.

Sometimes I need to click on the Touch ID Icon (which also indicates that AppleWatch integration is not working), other times I get the Touch ID on the TouchBar and my watch directly.

• noktulo
    noktulo
    Community Member
    Options

I don't even get the icon.

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

We have made some improvements in this regard but I am still seeing some inconsistencies with biometrics and Apple Watch unlock. I've filed an issue for our team to investigate further. I'd be interested to hear: if you switch to the nightly build are things any better? You can do so in 1Password > Preferences > Advanced > Release channel, if you'd like to give it a try.

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#11009
    ref: dev/core/core#10725

• urbanherder
    urbanherder
    Community Member
    Options

I switched to nightly and still not getting the TouchID / Watch options in preferences.
    8.4 (80400033)

• urbanherder
    urbanherder
    Community Member
    Options

I got this to work by running the installer again. Now watch and TouchID are working as expected

• Thanks for letting us know, @urbanherder. We appreciate the info!

• Andrew2
    Andrew2
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @urbanherder, reinstalling solved this issue for me also.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That is great to hear @Andrew2 , thank you for letting us know :)

• REBELinBLUE
    REBELinBLUE
    Community Member
    Options

I was on the latest beta and was having this problem, just switched to NIGHTLY after reading this thread and now I get the Apple Watch prompt as soon as I open 1password

• Ben
    Options

That's awesome news, @REBELinBLUE, thank you. 😃

Ben

This discussion has been closed.