Missing Credit Cards

PhotoGolf
PhotoGolf
Community Member
edited October 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Hey guys

I have been using 1Password for a few months now.

Overall I find it good. However one aspect annoys me and I suspect is a set up issue in my account.

I have 6 credit cards in our family account (3 for my wife and 3 for me). When an internet page wants me to enter credit card details automatically, when I select the one password icon on the right of the credit card number field to autofill, only 2 out of the 6 credit cards appear (with the suggestions option below the two cards). If I click on the suggestions option, it still only shows the same 2 cards.

I have to open 1Password with the icon in my tool bar to find all my credit cards and copy / fill the credit card number from there. (and my name etc)

Why don't all credit cards get offered at the initial stage? I assume it is a set up issue?

Thank you

Victor

1Password Version: 7.8.5
Extension Version: Safari extension
OS Version: IOS 11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PhotoGolf!

For confirmation, are all of these Credit Card items stored inside the same vault in the 1Password app?

• PhotoGolf
    PhotoGolf
    Community Member

Thanks Ana. Yes all in one family combined vault

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@PhotoGolf:

Thank you for the confirmation. I wonder if you have configured these credit cards to now show up in the browser. Try selecting one of these cards in the main 1Password app and clicking on the Edit button at the top. Now scroll down towards the entry until you see the display field: is it perhaps set to Never suggest in browser?

• PhotoGolf
    PhotoGolf
    Community Member

Thanks Ana. Good suggestion, but unfortunately not the issue. All 6 of the cards have the words Suggest in Browser in the display field

Victor

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@PhotoGolf:

Thank you for the confirmation. Let me check with the team and see if anyone has seen this before :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@PhotoGolf:

Do you see this behavior just in Safari? Do you perhaps have another browser to test this and see if the other cards appear in the dropdown menu there?

• PhotoGolf
    PhotoGolf
    Community Member

Thanks Ana. I just tried it with Chrome and had the exact same issue.

Victor

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for testing that out for us, @PhotoGolf. I'll admit that this isn't something I've seen before, so I'm really curious about it. I have a couple questions for you –

• Do 2 of the 6 Credit Card items appear below every credit card number field or only on a specific website?
    • When you click Suggestions below the two Credit Card items that do appear, then click Credit Cards, do you see all six?
    • When you click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar, do you see all six Credit Card items right away?

I look forward to hearing back from you!

• PhotoGolf
    PhotoGolf
    Community Member

Thanks Kaitlyn. Answers as follows (based both on memory of multiple times as well as just testing on an individual web site.

Note my wife (we share a single family vault) has the identical experience, so it seems to be related to our vault in some way.

Do 2 of the 6 Credit Card items appear below every credit card number field or only on a specific website? I've never seen more than 2 appear

When you click Suggestions below the two Credit Card items that do appear, then click Credit Cards, do you see all six? I've never seen more than 2 appear when I click suggestions. Likewise if I change it to credit cards instead of suggestions, I only see 2

When you click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar, do you see all six Credit Card items right away? If I am in the payment process and on the credit card number and I click on the 1Password icon, it opens all 6

Regards

Victor

• @PhotoGolf

I wonder if perhaps the issue is related to the items themselves. I'd like us to try and save a new credit card item using one of the cards that are not showing as suggestions. Once you've done that, test to see if it shows in the inline menu for the offending browsers.

I look forward to your progress.

• PhotoGolf
    PhotoGolf
    Community Member

Thanks Chantelle

I obviously did something wrong on some of these when first creating, as the new ones work perfectly so fixed by re-doing and deleting old versions.

Victor

• @PhotoGolf

Excellent! I'm delighted to hear recreating them did the trick for you! If you have questions, or if there is anything else we can do to help - do not hesitate to reach back out! :)

• Paul1Password
    Paul1Password
    Community Member

I have this exact same problem. I have tried re-creating the cards and have even yes yes to 'save in 1password' when asked. neither seem to work.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Paul1Password ,
    There are a lot of suggestions throughout this discussion. Have you tried them all and none of them worked?

• Paul1Password
    Paul1Password
    Community Member

have tried all the suggestions, have deleted and re-entered the card, I have checked that all cards have similar entries, e.g. start and end dates, label field, everything appears to be the same (including those things you only see when in 'edit' mode. still no joy.
    When I deleted one of the cards that did work, I only saw the other card I usually see. When I restored the card from archive/trash, it was immediately visible. just soooo frustrating!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update @Paul1Password .

Does this occur on your iPhone? or on your Mac computer? Which device are you working with?
    How many vaults do you have in your 1Password app?
    The credit cards that do show up correctly - in which vault are they stored?
    When you create a new credit card - in which vault is it stored?

• Paul1Password
    Paul1Password
    Community Member

Does this occur on your iPhone? or on your Mac computer? Which device are you working with? => Usually my iMac running Catalina
    How many vaults do you have in your 1Password app? => 2 Private and Shared
    The credit cards that do show up correctly - in which vault are they stored? => All cards are in the private vault
    When you create a new credit card - in which vault is it stored? => it goes straight into the private vault.
    Thank you for your interest in this.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the additional info @Paul1Password .

Let's conduct a sanity test and see if things work as expected or not. Please try this:

1. Open your 1Password 7 desktop app on your iMac.
    2. Click the PLUS icon at the top and select "Credit Card" to create a new credit card item in your Private vault.
    3. Name it "Test card" and fill out some made up information in that credit card (made up card number, expiration date and cvv), then click on "Save" to save this card.
    4. Open Safari, click the 1Password extension icon in Safari's toolbar and see if you can find that credit card there by searching for "test card".
    5. If you can find it, go to https://fill.dev/form/credit-card-simple , click inside the "Credit card number" field so that 1Password will show suggestions to autofill, then scroll down with your mouse inside the 1Password suggestions box until you reach the "Test card". Select it and try to autofill.

Did that work as expected? If not, please send us some screenshots or a video of the process to support+x@1password.com with a short description of the issue and a link to this discussion here.

Thank you.

• Paul1Password
    Paul1Password
    Community Member

Hi, I followed the instructions and, Yes, that all worked fine. I have screen shots to show that if you want to see them. However, at step 4, I also looked for one of the missing cards, and that was there also however it wasn't offered as a choice to autofill.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey Paul,

The only thing I can think of that might be happening here is that the missing card(s) were saved directly on webpages (when you clicked on "Save in 1Password") and therefor they will only be suggested on the websites where you saved them. Could that be the case?

If you re-create these cards manually as a new credit card item, do the new copies show up in suggestions in every website?

• Paul1Password
    Paul1Password
    Community Member

Having had some success with the test, I then re-entered one of the cards that wasn't showing. At step 4 both the just entered version of the card can be seen as can the old version that isn't offered. I then went to the test autofill and 'GREAT' the just entered version is offered however the old version was not. There seems to be an issue then with the way the card is created in the vault.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad to hear we're making progress.

Aside from my previous assumption that the old card was saved directly from a specific website, another possible cause would be that this card was imported from somewhere (e.g. from a browser's password manager) into 1Password, which might also cause some corruption.

In any case, I'm happy that you now have proper, working credit cards entries in your 1Password :)

• Paul1Password
    Paul1Password
    Community Member

hey AG, thanks for your persistence in getting this resolved. And, fingers crossed, all seems to be well. I have deleted the non working cards and have re-entered them and now all are showing and are being offered correctly. Deep sigh of relief!! I think you may be right about the import of details from a web page. strange that I don't recall doing anything different from those that worked and those that didn't, but I wouldn't trust my memory over that detail and that amount of time.
    Thanks again and have a good day!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

It was my pleasure.
    Enjoy your 1Password and stay safe :+1:

This discussion has been closed.