1P8 - No unlock with Apple Watch

Hi All

Running the latest beta of 1P8 (still dislike the Electron frontend but anyway) - unlock with Apple Watch seems to have disappeared?

Running macOS 12 B7 and 1P8 8.2.2 // 80202080

TouchID unlock works fine, just not Apple Watch?

1Password Version: 8.2.2. // 80202080
Extension Version: 2.1.2
OS Version: macOS 12.00 b 7

Comments

• P4sca1
    P4sca1
    Community Member

Im on 1PW 8.2.2 and unlocking with Apple Watch works without a problem.
    You can find the toggle under Settings -> Security -> Apple Watch.

• Hey @gussic

Did P4sca1's suggestion of toggling the Apple Watch option help? Please let us know.

Ben

• AdieB
    AdieB
    Community Member

Working for me on the nightly channel.

• Thanks for the datapoint @AdieB. :)

Ben

• gussic
    gussic
    Community Member
    edited October 2021

@P4sca1

Im on 1PW 8.2.2 and unlocking with Apple Watch works without a problem.
    You can find the toggle under Settings -> Security -> Apple Watch.

I did have this enabled, just the prompt wasn't appearing on my Apple Watch, despite appearing for other things (unlocking System Prefs etc). Tried disabling and re-enabling the system level control for it - that didn't work.

@Ben

Did P4sca1's suggestion of toggling the Apple Watch option help? Please let us know.

It didn't unfortunately, but 8.4.0 seems to have made it work? Very strange.

Thanks to both of you for checking in/following up.

• Thanks for the update @gussic. :+1:

Ben

• eddimello
    eddimello
    Community Member

I have 1PW 8.4 and also can't unlock with my Apple Watch. I've already tried everything, like turning it on and off, rebooting, etc. And as some indicate, other programs and the MacBook itself work with the Watch. Does anyone have any suggestions, because that's just such a nice feature.

• Hi @eddimello

Does your Mac have a Secure Enclave? A list of Macs which do is available here:

https://support.1password.com/apple-watch-mac/#get-help

Ben

• eddimello
    eddimello
    Community Member

It's working again. Thanks for your reaction Ben.

• Glad to hear it. :+1: If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• skeskali
    skeskali
    Community Member

I had to reset my iPhone and Apple Watch last night :( and now I can't open 1Password with my Apple Watch anymore, despite toggling the settings on and off as suggested here.

• Hi @skeskali,

It could be that you first need to sign into 1Password on your iPhone before being able to unlock it on your Apple Watch, this is usually required after resetting devices. If that doesn't help, let us know if you're seeing any error messages or odd behaviour.

• rpallred
    rpallred
    Community Member

It's suddenly stopped working for me a few days ago. Didn't keep track of exactly when it stopped working. Have restarted the Mac, toggled it in the app, etc. The window pops up like it sent the alert to the watch, but nothing ever appears on the watch.

On nightly (80500041). MBP 2017 w/touchbar. macOS 10.15.7. watchOS 8.1

• freyman
    freyman
    Community Member

I am unable to get the Apple Watch to unlock 1Password for Mac 8.5.0 80500057, on BETA channel.

I have verified that I have signed into 1Password on my iPhone before attempting this method of authentication.

I am able to use my Apple Watch to unlock other aspects of the Mac so I have verified it is working on the same device I cannot get 1P to function as expected.

macOS version - 12.1 (21C52)

• Hi @rpallred

Is the watch still working to unlock macOS? If the window shows up on the Mac, but nothing happens on the watch, that could indicate a communication issue between the Mac and the watch.

Ben

• @freyman,

Has unlocking 1Password via Apple Watch worked for you previously? If not, have you confirmed your Mac has the required Secure Enclave?

Please let me know what you find. :)

Ben

• freyman
    freyman
    Community Member

Yes. I was able to unlock 1P with my watch. It has stopped in the recent past.

• @freyman

Gotcha. Thanks. Can you please send us a diagnostic report?

• Open 1Password > Preferences > Advanced and select Send Diagnostics
    • Attach the diagnostics file from your downloads folder to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

Ben

• rpallred
    rpallred
    Community Member

@Ben -- sorry, it suddenly started working again after toggling Sign in with Apple Watch in macOS settings and a restart of both the MBP and the Watch...so not sure what actually fixed it.

• @rpallred

No worries; thanks for the update :)

Ben

• freyman
    freyman
    Community Member

@Ben the support ID I received is:

[#JJH-54897-253]

• @freyman

Thanks. Someone will be with you as soon as possible.

ref: JJH-54897-253

• jefftb
    jefftb
    Community Member

I am having no luck with unlock with Apple Watch.

I am running:
    -MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)
    --Mac OS Monterey 12.2 Beta (21D5025f)
    -Apple Watch Series 6
    --Apple WatchOS 8.2 (19S55)
    -1Password for Mac 8.5.0 (80500079, on BETA channel)

I have the Unlock Mac with Apple Watch turned on, and I the use apple watch to unlock 1pw turned on. I do get the prompt on my computer, but I never get a prompt on my watch.

• freyman
    freyman
    Community Member

@JEFFTB I had to restart my Apple Watch to get it working again. Fingers crossed this is all it takes for you.

• @jefftb

That sounds like a communication issue between the Mac and the watch. As freyman mentioned, a reboot of the watch and/or Mac may get it working again. Please let us know.

Ben

• jefftb
    jefftb
    Community Member

Thanks @freyman and @Ben. I am typically one of those "did you reboot" folks, I forget this watch is subject to that, as well. It is working now!

• freyman
    freyman
    Community Member

Ditto 😃

• Glad to hear that sorted it out for you @jefftb and @freyman! Feel free to get in touch if you need anything further. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.