1password 7.9.822 German - missing translation

Hi,

I use the German version of 1password for Windows and this morning - and even after updating to the lastest version 7.9.822 - A few fields are in English language in the program:

Copy to Vault (in the menu and in the context menu)
Move to Vault (in the menu and in the context menu)
Copy private link (in the context menu)

Just to let you know :-)

Thanks
Martin

1Password Version: 7.9.822
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hey @martinwinner thanks for reporting this, I've raised it now so that we can look into this further.

Appreciate you taking the time to let us know! :+1:

ref: dev/core/core/translate-issues#51

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    edited October 2021

I see your app for Android and app for IOS/OSX translations are on Crowdin and anyone is able to propose translations. Since it is easier to just type it in Crowdin instead of a lengthy misleading description here in the forum that leads to someone creating a dev request in your dev management system that leads to someone search and edit the item in Crowdin by whoever dev picked that request, I propose you make the v7 Windows (and v8) translations public in Crowdin as well, so anyone who feels the urge to improve translations, is able to do this directly in Crowdin - if you still use that for v8 translations, of course.

• Blake
    edited October 2021

Hey @Tertius3 👋

We actually have adjusted how we localize our 1Password apps recently, so that's why there is no option for crowd-based localization of the 1Password app for Windows.

That said, we do have an open issue for improvement to the localization of the 1Password app for Windows in German with our development team at this point in time, so we're definitely on top of things there! 💙

ref: dev/core/core#10491

This discussion has been closed.