To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

New Item Sharing - Feature Request

Options
abram
abram
Community Member
edited October 2021 in Memberships

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this so please move if necessary.

I wanted to see about some features that might be able to get added to the "Item Sharing" feature.

1. It would be helpful if we could choose whether or not to allow the receiving user to be able to see the password or just use it to login to the according website. ***
  2. This option is nice, but would be nice to be able to allow this feature or not. If we are not revealing the password to the user as with item 1, then we wouldn't want them to be able to save it as well. ***
  3. Maybe have a section in the application for already shared items and the ability to revoke the share if need be early.
  4. In the sharing menu for duration, maybe we could add in "Never Expire" for the shares we want to just stay longer, so if we need to remove, we can just revoke share in the application "Sharing Area".

*** These are referenced on the attached image below.

Thanks for your time.

1Password Version: 7.9.822
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: Windows 10 21H1

Comments

• Hi @abram:

Thanks for your detailed feedback on this!

I'm going to answer 1 and 2 together, as they relate to one another. Since it's possible that the recipient of a password sent may not have 1Password in the browser installed, it would be impossible in that case for something along the lines of Open & Fill to work for them. Additionally, even if Open & Fill was a option, the password still exists on the website that they have just filled it in to, and there are numerous ways to view the plain text of a password field. Similarly, because the recipient needs to view the password in order to use it, there's nothing preventing them from writing it down on a sticky note or on their phone separately.

As for 3 and 4, we're tracking improvements around this feature, and I'll add your voice for both of those requests.

Jack

ref: dev/b5/b5#14093
    ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#975

• abram
    abram
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @jack.platten ,

Thank you for the reply. On questions 1 & 2, I have seen other password managers offer a free read only version for users you would share items with. Maybe it would be something looking into for offering users a free ready-only account for shares and getting them to convert to a paid plan after seeing how 1P works so well for them. Just a thought.

Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the feedback @abram! :+1:

• primevitality
    primevitality
    Community Member
    Options

I love the new share feature, but I would like to see it enhanced ten-fold. I hate LastPass. Hate! Hate! Hate! Did I mention I hate it!? Anyway, the one feature I love they have is that I can share the passwords with anyone outside of my team that has the same program. I've been getting a lot of my clients to buy into 1Password and I have to double up on passwords so I can have easy access to them, but when they change theirs I have issues of getting the new ones. Is there a feature being built to allow the sharing of an item (notes, attachments, everything in that specific item) to share to another 1Password user to be updated in real-time? It could be a new vault labeled SHARED and fall into there and sectioned off by User ID or User Name to keep it organized. If more clarification is needed please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That is a very nice suggestion @primevitality, thank you for sharing! I don't think there are plans to implement this in the near future, but perhaps our developers can consider it in a future update :)

This discussion has been closed.