Update on 1P abnormal systray behaviour

hawkii
hawkii
Community Member
edited October 2021 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello, not so much a question as an update to two previous threads:

https://1password.community/discussion/105704/1password-7-systray-behaviour
https://1password.community/discussion/117959/1p-systray-right-click-behaviour

I've just done a brand new Windows 10 install on new hardware (except for the graphics card and monitors). I'm still experiencing the same issue with the right-click notification going to the screen without the taskbar. Still using an RTX2080 Super, Nvidia driver 472.12. Still the same two monitors as last time.

I've quit DisplayFusion and it's still happening, haven't tried disabling it from startup and seeing what happens yet but I'll give you an update.

I have just discovered the Windows notification centre opens up on the very far right of the far display, not the display the taskbar is located on - which is exactly the same behaviour that 1P shows. I never usually use Windows notifications so it's the first time I've spotted this.

Half hoping it might help you narrow it down a bit more but I'm still stumped.

1Password Version: 7.8.820
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10 20H2

Comments

• Hey @hawkii, thanks for raising this here. I noticed in the previous discussion you mentioned:

switching the secondary monitor containing my taskbar as the "main display" results in the 1P right-click context menu reverting to behaving as I'd expect it to.

Does that still work for you in your new setup? We'll be interested to know!

• hawkii
    hawkii
    Community Member

Yup, that moves both the 1p right click context menu AND the Windows Notification Centre to the monitor containing the systray. I'm not sure if the Notification Centre part is at all relevant and/or what is cause and what is effect.

• Just for clarification, with changing that Primary Monitor setting around, does that achieve the behavior you were looking for?

• hawkii
    hawkii
    Community Member

It sort of does for 1Password yes (but it messes around with a fair few other things that now run on the wrong monitor. It "fixes" 1p but breaks most everything else basically).

I say sort of because it still doesn't appear to be opening at the right click itself. I've had another look and the right-click window appears to be docked to the far right hand side of the primary monitor, but not in the very bottom corner (even despite there being no toolbar there when the primary monitor isn't the taskbar monitor). It's raised about the toolbar's height from the bottom-right corner of the window regardless.

I'd still expect it to be opening at the cursor, rather than docked to the window. I've just had a look at most of my other systray apps however and it doesn't appear to be the behaviour for all of them. Most of the Microsoft apps seem to open docked to the far-right of the screen where I click. Most of the non-Microsoft apps seem to open the context menu where the click itself occurs, and often don't touch the edge of the screen. I wouldn't be picky about which of those two options happened if it was on the same screen as the systray, but providing as much info as I can for troubleshooting.

• PeterG_1P
    edited October 2021

Hey @hawkii! Thanks for these details. I'd be happy to dig into this further for you.

Can you send a quick email to support+windows@1password.com with a link to this thread and a few accompanying screenshots of the behavior you're mentioning you are seeing?

• hawkii
    hawkii
    Community Member

Done, ta

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@hawkii:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: TVS-54667-263

This discussion has been closed.