Fail - No response to clicks - Autofill

This happened on turo.com's login, which is a pop-up panel. The 1P icon appeared in the username field. Clicking it popped up the appropriate 1P login info banner. Clicking the banner to autofill had no effect whatsoever.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.2.2 80202080 on BETA channel
Extension Version: 1Password for Safari 2.1.2
OS Version: 12.0 Beta (21A5534d)

Comments

• Hi @HFTobeason, sorry to hear about this problem with filling in your browser. It's a little hard to say what the issue might be, but if you'd like our team to investigate this more in-depth, please feel free to send a quick email to support+extensions@1Password.com (and include a link to this thread so we know it's you!).

With some extra information from your browser, we might be able to parse the cause of the issue and address it. We appreciate you reporting it, too!

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member

Thank you for your reply, @PeterG_1P. I've been fighting general recalcitrance from 1P in Safari. I will make a screen recording the next time I hit an issue and email it to the support team. Shouldn't have long to wait!

• Sure thing, @HFTobeason, and apologies for the hassle you've been experiencing. We'll look forward to checking out whatever you're able to share!

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member
    edited November 2021

I continue to hit this issue regularly. I'm not sure how to force it to happen, or how to resolve it, but I'm struggling with this multiple times a day. A full reboot/quit/relaunch cycle seems to fix it, but... Note that the issue is NOT related to any particular website - when it starts happening, it happens EVERYWHERE that 1P pops up.
    Example

1Password for Mac 8.4.0 80400019, on BETA channel
    1Password for Safari 2.1.3
    Safari Version 15.1 (17612.2.9.1.20)

• coil_of_wire
    coil_of_wire
    Community Member

I'm having this problem too. Here's a video of the problem in action: https://cln.sh/YVcchi

Similar to HFTobeason, this happens a majority of the time, but not always. When it happens I have to open the desktop app and unlock it there.

• 1Password for Mac 8.4.0 (80400039, on NIGHTLY channel)
    • 1Password for Safari version 2.1.3
    • Safari Version 15.1 (17612.2.9.1.20)
    • macOS 12.0.1 (21A559)

I'll send an email to support+extensions@1Password.com as well.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

I experience this as well; also occasionally (not always).

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member

And today, after updating to macOS 12.1 Beta (21C5021h), restarting, launching Safari Version 15.1 (17612.3.2.1.1), I get the spinning wheel of death where "Unlocking..." just stays there:

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member
    edited November 2021

Still not working all the time - 1P in Safari will pop up the appropriate clickable boxes, but then just won't respond to clicks - usually will work when first launching Safari - no idea how to reproduce the issue, sadly. This is a real show-stopper. 1P is essentially useless when this happens (though the Menubar 1P still works, and I can copy/paste from there).

1Password for Safari 2.1.4
    1Password for Mac 8.4.0 80400045, on BETA channel
    macOS 12.1 Beta (21C5021h)

This discussion has been closed.