Issues with Windows client

Options

I'm running into a few issues with the Windows client:
1. The icon for the 1Password family seems to be a generic multi-coloured dot instead of the one that I have configured
2. Updates often fail and have to be rolled back if they're applied on Windows first login - they work fine if executed manually.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @kop48, my apologies for the delayed response on this!

1. I'm yet not sure what this icon issue is about, but there are a few possibilities. To start, the app in question uses the avatar that's set on the Settings page of your account at 1Password.com. When you go there, do the icons match between the app and the site?

2. This is certainly something I'd like to help you with! Typically when updates fail, it's as a result of antivirus or antimalware software that blocks the process from completing - so adding 1Password's directory to your security products' Allow List and doing a restart can often help. If you'd like us to troubleshoot this in-depth, though, we can definitely assist with that - just send us a quick message at support+windows@1Password.com, with a link to this conversation, and we'll get the process started.

Again, sorry for how long it took to get back to you here. We're happy to help make sure that all things 1Password are set right for you again. Cheers!

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

@PeterG_1P - the icons do not. I have a generic icon in the app, but the correct icon that I set on the web.

• Hi @kop48 - between the icon issue and the update block, this definitely sounds like something we'd like to check out for you. If you message us at support+windows@1Password.com, I'll be happy to get the process going for you! 👍

This discussion has been closed.