autofill and inline menu is not working when updated to 7.9

xiaosteven
xiaosteven
Community Member
edited October 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I updated to 1password 7.9 2 days ago, then the inline menu and autofill are not working anymore. I have tried restart mac, close 1password and safari then reopen, and reinstall 1password. Nothing working !

1Password Version: 7.9
Extension Version: 7.9
OS Version: macOS 12.0 beta

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @xiaosteven!

Can you please elaborate? What is the issue with the inline menu and autofill exactly? For example, does the inline menu not show entries anymore, or does it not appear in form fields? Or does everything look normal, but nothing happens when you select an item to fill?

• xiaosteven
    xiaosteven
    Community Member

Yes, the inline menu not show entries. I aslo tried to click the button on the right side of the password input box, nothing happened

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@xiaosteven:

Thank you for the confirmation. Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password?

• xiaosteven
    xiaosteven
    Community Member

I tried, It’s not working :'(

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@xiaosteven:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• xiaosteven
    xiaosteven
    Community Member

Thanks, my support ID is [#KTY-13661-741]

• Joshua Wyner
    Joshua Wyner
    Community Member

Same problem here. Inline menu icon appears, but no inline menu shows up. Right-click does give an option to open 1password and 1password mini. Also running macos 12 beta 10. Noticed this started with the Safari 15.1 update in beta 9, so may be a Safari issue. Chrome still works as expected.

• @Joshua Wyner,

This is a known issue with Safari 15.1 that Apple will have fixed in a future update.

• Joshua Wyner
    Joshua Wyner
    Community Member

@rudy Not surprised. :p Thanks for the quick reply!

• @Joshua Wyner

On behalf of Rudy, you are most welcome!

• xiaosteven
    xiaosteven
    Community Member
    edited October 2021

@Joshua Wyner After I updated to 1password 8.0 early access from https://releases.1password.com/mac/, the problem solved

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for letting us know @xiaosteven, that is nice to hear :)

This discussion has been closed.