Autofill Login Doesn't Work

lerbi
lerbi
Community Member
edited October 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

1Password is not allowing me to autofill my User Name and Password at any Internet site - including this one! - by using the Command-Backslash shortcut. Has something changed? I'm attempting to login using 1Password from my desktop

1Password Version: 7.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 11.6

Comments

• rauguaur
    rauguaur
    Community Member

Same issue here.

After reading some more, it sounds like the key combination has been magically changed to Shift-Command-X? It's insane to just change that out under me, I've got a decade of muscle memory, and the desktop application still keeps using the old one, so I need to use different key combinations depending on whether i'm in Chrome or in any other app?

This feels broken, hopefully i'm missing something obvious.

As an aside: I've been a 1Password user and evangelist for years, but the wheels are really coming off lately and I've stopped to recommend it to people. Everything has been getting so complicated, fragile, and unpolished.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lerbi!

Extension Version: Not Provided

What version of the 1Password browser extension have you installed?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rauguaur:

Is it possible that you might actually be looking at the older classic extension instead?

Get the 1Password classic extension

• rauguaur
    rauguaur
    Community Member

Interesting. My chrome extension is "1Password – Password Manager v2.1.3". When i replace it with "1Password extension (desktop app required) v4.7.5.90", my ⌘+\ starts to work again.

I'm guessing the former is the "non-classic" and the latter is the "classic", but I'm meeting the product more than half way with that guess. Concrete requests that would make this better:

• If one of the browsers is referred to as "classic" on the website, it should be called "classic" in Chrome. The two extensions have names that don't help me differentiate them.
    • What's up with the two different extensions anyway? The documentation should explain so i can make sense of what to install. If it helps to understand the flow I went through, the application sent me to this link, which asks me to decide if i'm looking for the classic or not. That links to here. There's nothing I saw through that flow that helps me make the decision of whether i want classic, or what the implications of that decision are.

Thanks for the advice, once I got back to Classic things are much better. Aside from fixing the key combo, it also fixed a couple other bugs i'd been seeing:

• Chrome's address autofill had been broken recently, which I hadn't traced back to 1Password yet
    • I'd been wondering why the UI looked so much hoakier

Now I'm nervous to learn if "Classic" is shorthand for "soon to be removed"

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rauguaur:

I'm guessing the former is the "non-classic" and the latter is the "classic", but I'm meeting the product more than half way with that guess.

Correct :+1:

And thank you for all the feedback! Hopefully in the future things will become more straightforward as our team continues to develop the new browser extension.

Now I'm nervous to learn if "Classic" is shorthand for "soon to be removed"

At the moment I don't think there are plans to remove it, just that all development efforts are going towards the new 1Password in the browser extension.

This discussion has been closed.