Not showing matching logins in Safari

After latest beta update, 1Password no longer shows matching logins when you click in the username or password field in Safari. It works in Firefox. See video

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tEL2zx1BbbYVsPsZg3_n1--MzsBuJfFO/view?usp=sharing

1Password Version: 7.8.8 (70808005)
Extension Version: 7.8.8
OS Version: 12.0 Beta 9 (21A5543b)
Referrer: forum-search:Not showing matching logins in Safari

Comments

• khataley
    khataley
    Community Member

Having the same issue... Mac - 12.0 Beta (21A5543b), Safari - 15.1 (17612.2.9.1.1), 1Password - 7.8.9.BETA-0 (build #70809000)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey guys,
    If you haven't already, please try restarting the computer and see if the issue persists.

Some other suggestions that you can try if restarting didn't help:

• Try going into Safari's preferences -> Extensions -> Turn off 1Password and then turn it back on.
    • Try going into 1Password 7's preferences -> Browsers -> Turn the inline menu off and then back on.
    • In Safari's preferences -> Advanced, turn on the "Show develop menu in menu bar", then select the Develop menu at the top and navigate to "Experimental features" -> "Reset all to default".

Let us know which of the above helped (if any).

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member

None of that seemed to help

• esmoldt
    esmoldt
    Community Member

I am having the same problem here. Guess I'll be back in Firefox for the time being.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2021

Thanks for the update guys.
    This seems to be an issue with the latest Safari beta (15.1) - the 1Password inline menu won't work there. This has been filed with Apple and hopefully will be fixed in the next Safari beta.

For now, you can:

• Utilize the 1Password extension icon in Safari's toolbar to autofill.
    • Revert back to the stable version of Safari.
    • Install 1Password 8 and 1Password for Safari.

ref: dev/core/core#10550

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member

Install 1Password 8 and 1Password for Safari.

Solved the problem

• @jjstipe

Glad to hear updating to 1Password 8 and 1Password for Safari did the trick for you! :smile:

• RichieB
    RichieB
    Community Member

I'm on macOS Monterey with Safari 15.1 and had the same issue. I had to install 1Password 8 beta to get the Safari extension to work again. It seems 1Password 8 does not support iCloud vaults though?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@RichieB:

It seems 1Password 8 does not support iCloud vaults though?

That is correct, it only supports vaults on 1Password.com.

This discussion has been closed.