Double-Click to open login

Options

I normally do not use 1Password X on my mac, but currently, I am using another machine and I am using 1Password X (or for Browser I guess). It is Windows 10 and Firefox.

However, I ran into a quirk. I am not sure if it is a bug or if it is as intended. When I open 1P, I see my favorites (ok so far), but when I select a login, I cannot double-click on it to open the site. I have to keep going to the "open & fill" button. I don't know if it is meant that way, but I am used to the double-clicking type of workflow rather than hunting down a button to press. Is the extension working as intended or am I missing a setting or something?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• @buenor

You're right, the new version of 1Password in your browser handles "Open & Fill" a little differently. It requires explicit action from you to open an item and autofill it. You can achieve this a few different ways:

If you search for something in the search field and hit "Enter" on your keyboard, it will automatically open and fill the item for you. If you manually navigate to an item you can either choose Open & Fill from the sidebar or from the item itself. It will look something like this:

• buenor
    buenor
    Community Member
    Options

Oh is there a way to replicate the 1password behavior from the Mac on Windows? I tried install 1P on the windows machine if necessary, but the interface was really unfriendly (I couldn't even get the favorites to stay!)/

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @buenor ,

There's no way to replicate the Mac's UI or behavior in Windows as they are quite different internally.
    You can install 1Password Classic in your browser instead of the current 1Password extension and see if you like it better (although it would still look different): https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/

However, we recommend you stick to the current extension as it is the most up-to-date and provides the best autofilling experience.

• buenor
    buenor
    Community Member
    Options

By behavior, I just meant double clicking on an item, not the actual interface. The interface doesn’t matter as long as 1p opens in favorites and I could double click on an item. Searching for logins to open (I can’t get the classic extension on windows to default to the favorites list) and not being able to double click on an item (apparently impossible on 1pX, I know you said it is the best, but it really isn’t if I have to be looking for a button instead of just clicking on the login itself) are the things that slow me down because they require extra clicks or precision when operating it. I suppose I can try the betas and see if they are any different. I’ll let you know if I get along with those any better.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the clarification @buenor .

This is quite a unique piece of feedback here because we're actually saving you a click and you specifically ask to perform a double click :chuffed:

You don't need to search for any specific button. Instead of double clicking on the center of the login item in the list, just double click (or single click if you'd like to save a click) on the center-right area of the login item. The right area of the login item in the list is clickable and will open and fill the page whether you double click it or single click it.

Regardless, we will forward your feedback to the team, so thank you for bringing this up! Much appreciated.

• buenor
    buenor
    Community Member
    edited September 2021
    Options

I did not think it was particularly unique since it is how it works on OS X. Just in case, this is what I meant: a much bigger area to click on and I wouldn't even have to look for a button to appear!

Hopefully, it's not the way OS X updates are going to go.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yes @buenor, the classic extension allows the entire area of the login item to be double clicked, while the newer extension only allows the right area of the login item to be clicked.

The classic extension has not been updated in quite a while now, which is why we recommend the newer extension, which is still under active development and keeps getting new features and improvements (and yes, new UI and design from time to time). :)

• buenor
    buenor
    Community Member
    edited October 2021
    Options

I have one more question. In the version that I am using of 1P on the browser, I have to click "Open and Fill" or "Autofill" and I don't have the half-slide option that you showed. I am using Firefox on Windows so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I did get the slide over when working on another machine, but not in
    all of them.

Is there a different version that I should be downloading? It currently shows version 2.1.2. Thanks

• @buenor

If you hover over the item presented in the list, on the left, you will be able to see the option to "Open & Fill" from there. It will look something like this:

Can you give that a try and let me know if you have the same experience?

• buenor
    buenor
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

I can click on each item, but there is no "open and fill" that opens when I hover over it.

• @buenor

Can you try installing 1Password in a new browser profile and let me know if the behaviour persists?

• buenor
    buenor
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

I get the same results in a new profile. I am using Firefox, so I created a completely new profile,I did not sync any settings or installed any other extensions. The behavior remained the same, unfortunately.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @buenor ,
    That's quite strange.

I tried replicating your setup (Windows 10, Firefox 93, 1Password 2.1.2 in Firefox), set 1Password to open to Favorites but I still get that "Open & Fill" button to show up when I hover the list of logins with my mouse.

For testing purposes, can you try installing 1Password in a different browser (Chrome/Edge/Brave) and see if it works well there?
    Also, can you let us know what is the Firefox version and the 1Password extension's version?

• buenor
    buenor
    Community Member
    edited October 2021
    Options

Hello,

I just installed 1P for the browser as an extension on Chrome. The behavior is the same as I showed before.

EDIT: Chrome is Version 94.0.4606.81 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• buenor
    buenor
    Community Member
    Options

Hello again,

I have also tried using Brave Version 1.30.89 Chromium: 94.0.4606.81 (Official Build) (64-bit). It also shows the same problem: there is not "slide-out" button and I can't click on the item itself.

• @buenor

It might be useful for us to get a better idea of how things are rendering on your end. I'd like to ask you to grab some logs and diagnostics from your computer:

Send the log and diagnostics to us at support+x@1password.com with a link to our current discussion. We'll have a look and let you know what we find.

This discussion has been closed.