Autofill option not displaying for non-matching URL's.

aloksharma
aloksharma
Community Member
edited September 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I am using a service to manage WordPress sites, wherein I have to enter the login credentials of the respective WordPress site that I wish to manage.

On the add new WordPress site screen, I press Ctrl + Period and then search for the respective WordPress site. The problem is that for the matching item, there is no option to autofill the login credentials.

The only option available is either to copy & paste the login credentials or drag-n-drop them.

Is there not anyway to enable the autofill option for non-matching URL's.

1Password Version: 7.7.819
Extension Version: 2.1.0
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @aloksharma!

The problem is that for the matching item, there is no option to autofill the login credentials.

This happens indeed if the website field of this Login item does not match the URL of the website. For security reasons, there is no way to autofill credentials when this happens, and you can only copy and paste username and password in these cases.

The easiest option would just be to add the correct URL to the Login item though :+1:

• aloksharma
    aloksharma
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana ,

I get your point, but this is not the case with Bitwarden. It allowed me to autofill login credentials easily by searching for the item and then pressing autofill.

The easiest option would just be to add the correct URL to the Login item though

It is not possible to add so many URLs in the WordPress management service site login. That would require me to maintain the login items of the WordPress websites, as well as the service management login item.

• @aloksharma

Thank you for your feedback here. We can definitely share this with our development team to see if there is a way that we can facilitate autofilling without a URL. As Ana mentioned, the current functionality requires (at least) the root domain to be present in a Login item for you to be able to autofill on a given page. The drag and drop feature, as you've discovered, would be the workaround I suggest in the interim. I do apologize for the disruption to your workflow here.

• aloksharma
    aloksharma
    Community Member

Hi @ag_chantelle ,

Agreed, the drag-n-drop method is a perfect solution, but somewhat inconvenient.

Maybe the future releases would support autofilling for sites without matching URL.

• @aloksharma

Hopefully the workaround isn't too disruptive for you in the meantime. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.