Credit card number entry issues

Options
iphoneuser
iphoneuser
Community Member
edited October 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I recently changed my main credit card from Master Card to Visa. I set up a Credit Card entry in 1P as normal. I typed in the card number without spaces and when done, 1P shows the number chunked in groups of 4 digits, just like displayed on the card. However, every time I have tried to use this card with autofill on a web site (three so far), it fails. The numbers display correctly, with spaces between the 4 digit chunks. If I type the number in manually, without spaces, it always works.
Is this a known issue with some web sites? I don't recall having this issue with 1P entry of my Master Card.

1Password Version: 7.8.7
Extension Version: 7.8.7
OS Version: 10.14.6

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iphoneuser!

This sounds like an issue with the website. Can you share the full URL of it so we can also test it?

• iphoneuser
    iphoneuser
    Community Member
    Options

One example would the Ooma.com site. Not sure if you need to have an account to access the credit card input page. Thanks.

• @iphoneuser

It might be useful for us to get a better look at the site. It appears that ooma.com requires an account. Would you be able to grab some page details for us?

1. Go to the credit card input page.
    2. Right click inside the credit card number field and choose "Inspect Element".

Take a screen shot of what you see presented under "Elements" and send it to us at support+x@1password.com with a link to our current discussion. We'll have a look and let you know what we find.

• iphoneuser
    iphoneuser
    Community Member
    Options

Done. Thanks for looking into this.

• Got it! Thanks @iphone user. I've replied there for you.

ref: CTI-29842-325

This discussion has been closed.