I know you guys can do better

martinliss
martinliss
Community Member

I've complained about this before but apparently nothing has been done about it. What happens is that every time you issue a new release and my iMac auto-installs it, double-clicking a login doesn't work and the mini does nothing when I click it. That happens because even though the new version has been installed, the 1Password app that's active is still the previous version. In order to get it working I need to force quit the application (I also force quit Safari but I'm not sure that is necessary) and restart the computer.

Please do something about that or explain to me how to install without intervention by me because as it is it's a real pain.

1Password Version: 7.8.4
Extension Version: 7.8.4 (I assume)
OS Version: macOS 11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @martinliss!

I know our developers have been looking into this and have added some fixes, but I will let them know that you are still experiencing this, hopefully we can make the experience smoother :+1: Sorry for the inconvenience!

• martinliss
    martinliss
    Community Member

This is still a problem. When I saw this morning a notice from 1Password to close Safari so that iPassword could continue with its update, I was hopeful, but after I did that and opened 1Password again, double-clicking a login did nothing and the mini was unresponsive. Once again to correct the problem I had to force quit 1Password and restart my iMac.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@martinliss:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• martinliss
    martinliss
    Community Member

Yesterday I tried to send the diagnostics report to support+forum@agilebits.co but just now it bounced back. Is that the correct email address?

• Hi @martinliss,

To confirm, did you email your diagnostics report to support+forum@agilebits.com, or support+forum@agilebits.co (note the missing m)?

Jack

• martinliss
    martinliss
    Community Member

Yes I left off the "m". When I resend it do I need to add anything in the Subject to identify it?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@martinliss:

Just add a link to this forum discussion in the body of the message if you don't mind, so we know what you are referring to. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.