To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

No overview of all shared password items

dvmierlo
dvmierlo
Community Member
edited October 2021 in Memberships

Hi 1Password team,

Yesterday I updated to the latest version of 1Password that has the sharing option with persons that do not use 1Password. Maybe I'm missing this but there is no view that shows all items that I have shared, not in the browser version or on the iPhone/iPad app. This is a big and important missing part of this new feature. Without this overview, a user cannot be in control over the items that are shared.

With kind regards,

Dennis

1Password Version: 7.9
Extension Version: n.a.
OS Version: iOS 15.0.2
Referrer: forum-search:No overview of all shared password items

Comments

• @dvmierlo

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your thoughts. You're right, a complete overview or "activity log" would definitely be useful here. While I can't say when this will be available, I've shared your feedback with our development team. Hopefully we'll see this feature implemented in an upcoming release.

• dvmierlo
    dvmierlo
    Community Member

@ag_chantelle Thank you so much for your reply! I hope an overview of all shared items will be available very soon on all platforms, not only in the web portal. This is must have functionality in my opinion, specially to be in control over what has been shared.

• @dvmierlo

I agree, ideally we would want this to be as holistic and accessible as possible. I'll be sure to share your sentiments in the request with the team. Thanks again! :smile:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#979

• @dvmierlo

I just wanted to connect with you to let you know that we introduced a feature which lets you list (and delete) share links for an item. Look for the new "View Sharing History" button in the vault view on 1password.com. Let us know what you think!

We'll continue to work to bring this to the apps, as you suggested, as well! :+1:

• dvmierlo
    dvmierlo
    Community Member

@ag_chantelle
    Thank you so much for this very very quick implementation and response!!!

We’re getting close ;-) There are two things about the current implementation:

1. View Sharing History is implemented as per item. This still requires me to remember all items that I have shared. Better is to have the View Sharing History option per vault, or even better, per user account. One view per user that shows all the shared items.

2. I cannot modify settings of the shared item. For example, initially I shared it for 7 days, but I decided to increase this period. I cannot do that. Or, I want to add a person to the shared item. Now I have to create a new share, delete the existing one and send a new notification to the users every time I want to make a change. This is very cumbersome for me as the persons that I shared my items with.

Lot’s of greetings, Dennis 🇳🇱

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @dvmierlo, I have sent your feedback to the developers :+1:

• 1PassRhino
    1PassRhino
    Community Member

)+1 on @ag_chantelle two suggestions regarding a central location share management location/log and the ability change expiration dates.

Ideally, it would be great to be able to set user defined times via a fill-in and not the set download limit, or durations that 1Password supplies.

• Hey @1PassRhino:

I've added your feedback as well! :smile:

Jack

This discussion has been closed.