Is there an iOS strategy for license/Dropbox users?

Options
fivetwelve
fivetwelve
Community Member

While I may be in the minority with a standalone license, I am grateful for that choice. Subscription models are great for businesses but as a consumer it's slowly becoming a death by a thousand cuts. In any case, I respect Dave and the company's decision proceeding with it. My question is however about one of the side effects.

My concern is that the iOS version will update to v8 and my Dropbox syncing will be irrevocably disabled. When v8 comes out without Dropbox syncing that—to me—is a breaking change. Would you consider branching 1Password v7 & v8 separately in the App Store so that legacy users can opt to preserve the syncing of their choosing?

In anticipation of it going pear-shaped for users such as myself and since there hasn't been a timeline announced (I think?), I have to turn off auto-update on iOS. Being as it's an all-or-nothing setting it's a real annoyance manually my other apps.

In all fairness to the size of your subscription userbase, I would be amenable to installing a specific Legacy 1Password app. The smaller number of users such as I would avoid surprise and the main app could roll over to v8 with less issue.

Thanks for reading,
Victor

1Password Version: 8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 14/15

Comments

• Hi @fivetwelve:

1Password 8 will be released as a separate SKU (in other words, a separate app) on the App Store. 1Password 7 for iOS will not update to 1Password 8, it will be downloaded separately.

Jack

• fivetwelve
    fivetwelve
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much for the reply, @jack.platten. I am glad there is a happy path.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Jack, you are welcome @fivetwelve! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.