Dropbox authorization on Android

Options
gapoma
gapoma
Community Member

I've been using 1Password for over 6 years now, and it with Dropbox. I've had no problem using it on my Android based Google Pixel 2 for most of that time, but about 2 weeks ago I began getting a message that says "Authorization required ... Please authorize Dropbox access" when I sign in to 1Password on my phone. I hit "Authorize" which takes me to a Dropbox sign in page in my browser (Chrome). When I sign in to Dropbox I get a message that says "1Password for Android would like to:" edit and view my Dropbox content, and it asks me to "Cancel" or "Allow". When I choose "Allow" nothing seems to happen, and the next time I log in to 1Password on my phone I get the same "Authorization required" message.

When I go to Dropbox and view my connected apps, it says that 1Password for Android has permission to edit, view and manage, and view my Dropbox content (and has since February 2018).

So what do I need to do to get my 1Password for Android to sync with my Dropbox account?

Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 7.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android version 11

Comments

• saad
    Options

Hi @gapoma! We've recently updated 1Password to support Dropbox's new scopes and short-lived access tokens, so a reauthorization is required. I'm sorry for the trouble that you're having with this process.

We've identified the issue on our end and plan to deploy the fix in the next beta update. In the meantime, we've found that the authorization works as expected if the Dropbox app is available on the device. If you are able to, please install and sign in to the Dropbox app on your device, and then try authorizing access from 1Password again. Let us know if that works for you!

• gapoma
    gapoma
    Community Member
    Options

Saad,

Yup, that worked. Installed the Dropbox app on my phone, signed in to Dropbox, then opened the 1Password app. It asked me to authorize Dropbox access, which I did, and it worked fine. Closed 1Password and Dropbox, then opened 1Password and didn't see the authorization window again!

Thanks! And thanks for the quick response!!! This is why I love 1Password!!!

• gapoma
  • On behalf of Saad, you're very welcome @gapoma!

This discussion has been closed.