Persistent sync notification in 7.7.8.beta-2

tvandinter
tvandinter
Community Member

It seems like this notification started showing up recently, in the last day or so, which lines up with the latest beta update being installed. The notification is not able to be dismissed. Tapping on it shows Sync Results which appears to not have any errors (even if there were I should be able to swipe it away). The app doesn't allow me to take a screenshot of that.

Comments

• Hi @tvandinter. Thanks for reporting this issue in our beta build! I'll report this to our development team.
    ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#1438

• prakharaug
    prakharaug
    Community Member

Facing this issue again in version 7.7.8.BETA-5.

• rc74307
    rc74307
    Community Member

The notification is always showing in Google Play production release 7.8.1
    I have a Pixel 5

• rationull
    rationull
    Community Member

I'm seeing the same behavior on my Pixel 4XL with version 7.9. It seemed to start after I uploaded a couple of documents to 1Password from the phone today.

• rationull
    rationull
    Community Member

Watching this for the past day, I note that the timestamp on the notification always seems to reflect the last time I used 1Password. So it seems like the notification is just incorrectly being set as persistent (rather than recurring more often than it should, for instance).

• Thanks everyone! We're hoping we'll be able to get this fixed in a future update.

• namiaro
    namiaro
    Community Member

It's still there on S10+ Android 11 and latest 1p 7.9.1.BETA-1. Hope it will be fixed soon.

• Thanks for reporting this, @namiaro.

We are actively investigating this notification bug and we're testing a fix that looks promising. We’ll post an update in this thread when we have more details to share!

• Good news! We've fixed this issue in 7.9.1.BETA-2. Go ahead and update 1Password if you haven't done so yet, and let us know if it fixes the notification bug for you.

• namiaro
    namiaro
    Community Member

It's fine now on my S10+ Android 11. Thanks for the help! :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @namiaro, that's great to hear :)

• MatiasLGonzalez
    MatiasLGonzalez
    Community Member

Thanks for the hard work 1password team :) any ETA for when this fix will arrive on the stable release?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@MatiasLGonzalez:

any ETA for when this fix will arrive on the stable release?

It arrived in version 7.9.1, which we released last week :) You can see the full changelog here.

• MatiasLGonzalez
    MatiasLGonzalez
    Community Member

@ag_ana Great! I still don't have the update available on android but will be looking forward to it :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.