1Password not filling in password at website login

derekh
derekh
Community Member
edited October 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

When I try to log into a website and press the 1Password symbol to the right in the username box nothing happens. I have to click on the toolbar icon select the website from the list and press open and fill.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.9 (70900001) 1Password Store
Extension Version: 1Password 7.9
OS Version: macOS Big Sur

Comments

• tokyozman
    tokyozman
    Community Member
    edited October 2021

Hello. I am experiencing the same issue. When I click on the in-line 1Password symbol in a Username box, I am told "No Items to Show".

The login credentials are saved correctly and I am able to have them entered by clicking on the icon found in the Safari toolbar.

Is there a fix to allow the login credentials to be input using the in-line icon option?

Thanks!

1Password 7 Version 7.9 (70900001) 1Password Store
    Extension Version: 1Password 7.9
    macOS Big Sur (11.6)
    Safari Version 15.0 (16612.1.29.41.4, 16612)

• @derekh -

• Is this happening on all the sites you visit, or is there one that appears to be particularly problematic?
    • Can you share a URL for us to test?

@tokyozman -

Can you try saving a new Login for the site and let me know if the issue persists?

• tokyozman
    tokyozman
    Community Member

@ag_chantelle - Thank you for your reply. I have deleted the old Logins for several sites and recreated them as detailed in the link you provided. Unfortunately, I'm still having the same issue with the new Logins. The issue is impacting all websites that I have tested. Some examples are Amazon, New York Times, Apple...

I'm also noticing that when I revert to opening 1Password in the Safari toolbar, the website is not automatically recognized and I need to use the search function to perform the autofill.

Thank you again for looking into this.

• @tokyzman

If you've saved items and you're still seeing "No items to show", it's possible that you may have some vaults excluded from your browser view. If you go to 1Password > Preferences > Vaults, are all your vaults enabled under "Show in All Vaults"?

• tokyozman
    tokyozman
    Community Member

@ag_chantelle - My apologies for the late reply. I am happy to report that your suggestion above worked like a charm! I recently migrated my legacy local vault logins to my new primary account vault. This vault was not checked under the Show All Vaults preference, and now that I have updated the preference to include this vault, login windows under Safari include the 1Password suggestions. Wonderful!

Thank you so much for your help and support. I have been a long time user and fan of 1Password and your prompt support is yet another reason for the passion I have for this product! Thank you again!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Chantelle, you are welcome @tokyozman! And thank you for the kind words :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.