1 Password is not working recent MAC update , not autofilling passwords or adding to my vault?

Options

My MAC recently updated, I am using macOS Big Sur Version 11.6, and 1 Password 7 no longer autofills when I forgot a password, and no longer updates new passwords to vault? Also, when I click on icon it tells me to go to browser's extensions instead of showing me my vault like it used to do? I don't know how to fix this at all and need help ASAP! Thank You.

1Password Version: 7.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.6
Referrer: forum-search:1 password not working since last Mac update?

Comments

• @ciweaver

Can you please try the following steps and let me know if this resolves the issue for you?

1. Quit 1Password completely by clicking the 1Password menu beside the  logo and choosing Quit 1Password Completely
    2. Quit your browser.
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open your browser and test again to see if the issue is resolved.
  • ciweaver
    ciweaver
    Community Member
    Options

While waiting for an answer I googled about Safari Browser extensions which was not showing 1Password in my short list there. Google suggested what to do and I did something and somehow ??? I found 1Password in the Safari Extension list that had not appeared before. I am going to check everything to see if 1 Password will work as it has always worked before the recent MacOS update. All quite confusing for this Senior but something definitely has changed and I will contact you again if it's not working properly from here on. Thank You!

• @ciweaver

Great sleuthing on your part! I'm glad to hear you were able to find it again. Do let us know if you have any trouble getting things back in working order, we'll be here to help. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.