How to get 1Password to Pre-Populate Fields When Creating New Login

I have 1Password installed on my Chrome browser. If 1Password does not have a login saved for a site, is it possible to indicate to 1Password that you want to create a login so that it will try to pre-populate as many fields from the page I'm on as possible? For example, the web site favicon, the name of the web site, and the URL?

Also, if I use Google Login for a web site, is there a way to indicate that to 1Password?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Talia521 ,

If you're signing up for a new website, you can use an identity item to fill out some of the fields in the registration form (e.g. your email/username, your address etc). If you don't have one yet, create a new identity in your 1Password and fill out as many details in it as you can.

Then, when you reach a website's registration page, open 1Password in your browser, select the identity item and click on "Autofill".
    After you are done filling all the required fields on the page, save it as a new login item.

Also, if I use Google Login for a web site, is there a way to indicate that to 1Password?

Currently, no. There's nothing 1Password can do if you use SSO (Single Sign-on) such as your Google account on websites. What I do is I manually create a new login item for that website, leave the username and password fields empty and write in the custom fields below that this website is using my Google account.

• Talia521
    Talia521
    Community Member

Great, thanks for your help.

I think you alluded to one of the items that I was not clear on about 1password--when I try to use the extension, it only comes up with a couple of accounts, not the many more I have entered among my passwords. So, these are "identities" that can be used to auto-fill fields when you are signing up for something new?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Talia521 ,

By default, 1Password will only show login entries that are relevant to the website you're currently visiting, and will not show you the full list of logins and passwords that are stored in it.

If you're on a registration page and you open 1Password, it might suggest your identity items (identity items have a grey card icon with a green silhouette), and if you're on a payment form, 1Password might also show credit card items (if you have any stored in 1Password).

In case you'd like 1Password to show your entire full list of passwords, or if you only want it to show logins or identities or any other specific type of item, you can change the view filter on the top left corner of the extension's window (right under the search field) from "Suggestions" to the relevant item type you want to view. If you change it from "Suggestions" to "All Items", it will show you a long list of all your 1Password database ordered alphabetically. If you change it to "Logins" it will only show login entries for websites.

It is recommended to leave it on "Suggestions" so that 1Password will only show relevant items to the website you're currently visiting, that makes life easier for most people, but that is up to your personal preference :)

This discussion has been closed.