The 1P7 Safari Extension isn't showing Rich Icons

khaosspawn
khaosspawn
Community Member
edited February 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

They've been enabled in the app for quite some time and over the past few days they stopped working. I'm sure it was when I updated.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.9 (70900001) 1Password Store
Extension Version: 7.9
OS Version: 11.6

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @khaosspawn!

I have just tested this and rich icons are still appearing for me, so that should work for you too. Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), quitting Safari, and then relaunching both?

• khaosspawn
    khaosspawn
    Community Member

I just tried. Still not showing rich icons. Are there any cache type things I should clear?

• jsinglestein
    jsinglestein
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue. Just started happening.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@khaosspawn:

The only option I know of is under 1Password Preferences > General tab, by toggling the Enable rich icons checkbox. Does that help?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jsinglestein:

Can you confirm what version of the 1Password app, 1Password browser extension and of macOS you are running?

• jsinglestein
    jsinglestein
    Community Member

@ag_ana

It’s 1Password 7.9 and the extension is the one included. macOS is 11.6.

• khaosspawn
    khaosspawn
    Community Member

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.9 (70900001) 1Password Store
    Extension Version: 7.9
    OS Version: 11.6

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jsinglestein, @khaosspawn:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• khaosspawn
    khaosspawn
    Community Member

Sent!

• Nhat_Nguyen
    edited October 2021

Hello @khaosspawn,

Thank you for sending us an email. Let us continue our conversation there and I will upload the results here.

ref: KYP-62776-928

• Nhat_Nguyen
    edited October 2021

After working with @khaosspawn, I confirm that it is a known bug in the 1Password inline menu on Safari that doesn't show custom icons. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Please be patient and stay up to date with the latest version of 1Password. That is the best way to get all the fixes and features.

ref: dev/apple/issues#5529

• khaosspawn
    khaosspawn
    Community Member

Hi @Nhat_Nguyen - any updates on a fix? This is still happening for me.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Not yet @khaosspawn, sorry!

• khaosspawn
    khaosspawn
    Community Member

@ag_ana This seems to be happening in 1P8 also.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@khaosspawn:

That is what I was expecting: looking at the issue details and at what Nhat wrote, the issue is with the extension, so it seems that the app version you use is irrelevant :+1:

• TWhittington
    TWhittington
    Community Member

Has there been any progress with this? I can understand the slightly lower priority but when someone takes the time to create a custom rich icon the fact that you don't see it on a daily basis is glaring.

• Hey @TWhittington:

Thanks for checking in here! I completely understand how annoying it would be to not see your custom icons, but I don't have anything to share just yet.

Jack

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

I just had the same issue in 1Password in the browser extension 2.3.0.beta. Custom icons were not shown... So I had to disable and enable the setting.

After restarting, the browser custom icons are shown correctly... Maybe this could help here, too?

This discussion has been closed.