Custom icon for Collection?

Options

The new 1P8 sports collections of vaults which I find a fresh approach to manage the proliferating number of password containers I have.

Although my 'All'-collection bears the icon of my 1P account, there doesn't seem to be a way to set a custom icon for a collection - be it from a preselected set or uploading my own. Any chance this feature makes it into an upcoming release? Any upvotes for this?

1Password Version: 8.4.0b
Extension Version: 2.1.7
OS Version: macOS 11.6

Comments

• Hello @macmaarten , Thank you for trying out the early access version of 1Password 8 and sharing your feedback!
    You are right, at this point custom icons are not available for vault collections, instead vault collections get a grouping of icons from the included vaults.

Vault collections are a new feature, so they don't have all the bells and whistles that some of our other long-standing features have.
    Still, we think they have incredible potential and we're excited to make them better for users like you!
    I've filed your issue and we'll look into it.

Thanks for helping us making the app better and please keep the great feedback coming. :)

• dgbeecher
    dgbeecher
    Community Member
    Options

I realize I'm chiming in a few months late, but I want to second @macmaarten's request. The current solution described by @ag_maryam -- that "vault collections get a grouping of icons from the included vaults" -- seems inadequate, because of these grouped icons, only the frontmost is at all visible. All that's visible of the icons in the background is the faintest hint of a circular outline. It's certainly not enough to let the user know which icons are back there, and it's barely enough even just to indicate that there are any other icons at all.

• Hey @dgbeecher:

I've added your feedback internally. Thanks for helping us make 1Password the best it could be!

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-114

This discussion has been closed.