[BUG] Application is crashing on opening an entry

prakharaug
prakharaug
Community Member
edited September 2021 in Android

I created a document entry through 1Password 8 Early Access. It does not have any main document attached. I had created a section where I had uploaded multiple images but when I open that entry in the Android application the application crashes.

1Password Version: 7.7.8.BETA-5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 11

Comments

• Hey @prakharaug. Sorry it took a while to get back to you. Are you still experiencing this issue?

• prakharaug
    prakharaug
    Community Member

@peri Yes still facing the same issue the app crashes when I open the item!! Since the issue was on the stable version as well so I have mentioned it there also.
    I have also submitted a diagnostic report after the crash. Here is the ticket ID - [#ELD-63996-285]

Stable Version Post - https://1password.community/discussion/comment/614754

• Thanks! I am able to reproduce this issue on my end, as well. I see that Timothy has already created an issue internally for our development team. We'll take a look and hopefully we can get it resolved soon!

ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#1461

• prakharaug
    prakharaug
    Community Member

:)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1:

• prakharaug
    prakharaug
    Community Member

What's the status?? This issue is really frustrating.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@prakharaug:

Looking at the changelog, the issue was fixed about two weeks ago, in version 7.9.1:

A crash occurred when viewing a Document item without a document attached. {1461}

What version of the 1Password for Android app are you using?

• @prakharaug Sorry about the delay, @ag_ana is correct that the issue is fixed, but the app release has been held up in Google Play review. Hopefully, in the next day or so, we should be able to get 7.9.1 out the door. Thanks for your patience!

• prakharaug
    prakharaug
    Community Member

Thanks @andiAG for the update. The version is not available on the Google Play Store..

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@prakharaug:

Hopefully the Google review won't take much longer then :+1:

• @prakharaug We've been through an issue with Google during the app review so that there was a delay on the beta release. Now that we have 1Password 7.9.1.BETA-3 approved so it's available on Play Store :)

This discussion has been closed.