Editing Malfunction in 1Password 8?

When I click on the edit button in the 1Password 8 app, I cannot paste any copied text to any field. Right clicking on the mouse gives no response nor does attempting to use the keyboard shortcut, "Control-V". Both of these actions allow for pasting into a field when using 1Password 7. I am surprised to find this. So far, the only work around I have found is to edit using the web page after logging in. I don't think the developers want to disable this important function in the App.

Please advise.

1Password Version: 8.2.2
Extension Version: 2.1.2
OS Version: 11.6

Comments

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member

The context menu is gone, but you can use the keyboard and press CTRL-V or SHIFT-INSERT to paste, at least I am able to do this here in the current v8 Windows app.

• Hello @eishapiro , Thank you for trying out the early access version of 1Password 8 and sharing your feedback!

As far as I know this issue is resolved in nightly build, and should be out in the next beta. Feel free to hop on the nightly release train if you're up for it or simply wait for the next beta build and your problem should be solved.

If you find that this is still causing you trouble after the next beta, please let us know so we can dig in a little further.

Thanks for helping us making the app better and please keep the great feedback coming. :)

• JoeBloeC7
    JoeBloeC7
    Community Member

HI @ag_maryam. You are correct. It is fixed. Thank you very much.

• On behalf of Maryam, you are very welcome @eishapiro! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.