Disabling specific items from being suggested by Safari extension?

In v7 I can tell the extension to never show specific items in suggestions. It is something that will be available in v8 as well? There are things (i.e. anything from Identities category) that I never want to show up when using browser extension.

1Password Version: 8.2.0-47.NIGHTLY
Extension Version: 2.0.6
OS Version: macOS 12.0 Monterey

Comments

• rob
    rob
    edited August 2021

Hi, @axel_mustard. We're tracking requests for this because it's something we haven't been supporting in the recent browser extensions, and there haven't been that many requests. I've added yours to the tracker though.

That said, a workaround would be to create a separate vault for those items and then exclude that vault from All Vaults in your browser. At some point we'll probably be bringing vault collections to the browser and that would be a similar workaround.

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#534

• HinghamHarborMan
    HinghamHarborMan
    Community Member

+1 for adding this feature back.

I often used this when setting up local admin accounts in environments.

• covisp
    covisp
    Community Member

I did not know that the reason thinks started polluting my browser was because this setting was being ignored by 1OPassword,. I was blaming the browser, “Number of comaplaints: is a poor metric for how and app interacts with another app because there is no way for a user to know which app (or other extension tool or utility) might be to blame.

• I often used this when setting up local admin accounts in environments.

@jcsully217 could you explain this a little more? My reading of this sounds like these would be Login items without a URL, so they wouldn't ever be suggested in the browser anyway. But I must be misunderstanding.

“Number of comaplaints: is a poor metric for how and app interacts with another app because there is no way for a user to know which app (or other extension tool or utility) might be to blame.

@covisp That's fair, and I'm sure there are plenty of users who haven't cared enough to write in, but in the seven months we've been tracking this, we've had 12 requests recorded, including the three here. With over a million users of the current Chrome extension (according to the Chrome Web Store at the moment), I'd have just expected... more?

But if this thread explodes with support, cool. I have nothing personally for or against the feature, just relaying where it is in the priority list at the moment.

• Torqueville
    Torqueville
    Community Member

+1 for being able again to exclude specific items in my vault for suggestions.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Only using the selected vault instead of all vaults would already be extremely useful to me...

• Only using the selected vault instead of all vaults would already be extremely useful to me...

That's a bit different of a request, but certainly one I can share with the team for further consideration all the same, @XIII. :smile:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#510

• WaldenL
    WaldenL
    Community Member

I'll add my voice to the "please add" group. There are cases where I have passwords to sites in 1P that I need to keep, but don't want to be prompted about (supporting parents, kids, admin-accounts, etc.) and that was a nice feature to be able to tell 1P to not prompt me for stuff. Yes, it's a corner case vs. the millions of users that don't use it. But one of the nice things about 1P is it had cool features for the power user. Please don't "dumb it down" too much.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2021

@WaldenL:

I have added you to the list of users who would find this useful, thank you for sharing :)

• anderssv
    anderssv
    Community Member

Not sure I requested this though @ag_ana ? :) If you are referring to my comment made on a different issue yesterday, it was for being able to have expiry date on stuff like credentials/certificates and seeing that come up in Watchtower. :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@anderssv:

My bad, wrong tagging on my side :)

• simonemargio
    simonemargio
    Community Member
    edited March 2022

+1 for having integrated this function also with 1Password 8.

I have more than one email account that I don't care about seeing cascaded because I use the main one where everyone else forwards emails.
    The same thing for example with credit cards, I don't want the whole list of cards, maybe some are no longer valid or I never want to give the information of a specific card.

• volts
    volts
    Community Member

Another vote for this. This feature was a very small part of why I migrated to 1Password.

It's been annoying me for a while, I just haven't interrupted my workflow to investigate. :-/

The recommended workaround is actually great for items that are rarely needed. But it is very frustrating for items that are often used, but are simply not the default.

• angrychimp
    angrychimp
    Community Member

+1 for adding this back into 1Password 8. I have multiple accounts for several websites, but typically I only log into one or two of those accounts. I enjoy being able to autofill the secondary credentials, but I really want to make sure that the primary set is what's suggested, or at least what always appears as the first auto-fill option.

• Hey @angrychimp / @volts / @simonemargio:

Thanks for your feedback, I've added all three of you to our internal tracker on the subject.

As an additional note @angrychimp: if you mark that item as a Favorite, it will be suggested first in the inline menu. You can also type in the username or password box on the website to filter the selection. For example, if you had two accounts, one with the email wendy@example.com and appleseed@example.com, you could type appleseed to filter the results:

Let me know if you give that a try!

Jack

• unlawfulbroccoli
    unlawfulbroccoli
    Community Member

+1 on really missing this. Dozens of logins I had setup this way are now polluting everything. Ie. I have work and personal logins for a domain that overlap, or are even the same so I use the hiding as a way to only see the one I need 99% of the time. Getting the others isn't all that much work. Making separate vaults is a bit heavy-handed. I might have work accounts, or accounts for a work service but that I want controlled in my Personal vault. Needing new vaults for every overlapping concern and archival vaults is pretty tedious.

• Hi @unlawfulbroccoli:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I've added your feedback to an internal issue we have tracking this.

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-281

This discussion has been closed.