[FEATURE REQUEST] Please move the "Show all fitting objects" option when using the search to the top

Options
sl2
sl2
Community Member

Please move the Option "Show all fitting objects" to the top again. I remember that it was once at the top, but after some version it went to the bottom which is rather unconvinient, because:

1. The results right under the search field never shows all results. Most of the time it is missing the exact entry i was looking for.
  2. So i have to press the Up arrow on my keyboard and then press enter to get all the results and from that list i can actually find the entry i am looking for.
  3. If i accidentally press Enter right after searching, i get the first entry as a result, but in a list of ALL entries in ALL categories. So even if i would look for any other entry with the same word in it, i would have to go back to the search again and select "Show all fitting objects"..

I am not sure if i am the only one but i find it user unfriendly how it is currently.

Maybe even better would be instead of just highlighting the entry starting with the letters i enter when i am just in the complete list of all entries, filter for the letters directly instead of first going to the search-box.

1Password Version: 8.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Linux (K)ubuntu 20.04 LTS

Comments

• AliH1P
    edited October 2021
    Options

Hi @sl2, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We appreciate the opportunity to examine how we can improve the search functionality. We really want to make it as intuitive as possible, I'll be happy to pass your feedback on to our developers.

• ref: dev/core/core#10777

This discussion has been closed.