A compilation of feedback for 1PW 8.4 + Family Membership

Options

FEEDBACK 1: Match color scheme on 1Password 8 on Windows for better Dark mode experience. It should match Mac experience.

FEEDBACK 2: Please remove the Thanksgiving banner. It is really not necessary.

FEEDBACK 3: Introduce Batch options (like Batch tagging or remove tagging) [EDIT: I found this was somewhat offered on the iOS client to batch delete tags)

FEEDBACK 4: Importing of attachments has been a strugglefrom v7 Local Vaults to v8 1Password.com Family account!

What is this? Missing Item? It looks like 1PW 8 has broken them into different sections! I had to individually download the attachments and re-add them to the entry. UGH. What a pain!!

FEEDBACK 5: Please allow user to choose in settings where to download files from 1PW 8 for both Mac & Windows. Right now they’re downloading to C:\Users\User\Downloads and it’s not ideal

FEEDBACK 6: Recovering entries from Deleted Items (Trash Bin) in 1PW 8.4 Windows generating error:

FEEDBACK 7: Allow web site to resize the main entry toolbar! This is a glaring design miss IMO.

FEEDBACK 8:
Getting this error message for a sample field 1PW made for me when signing up for 1PW Family Sub. I attached the PDF to it and on the web interface ,see this.. EDIT: Reading the forums, it looks like 1PW does not support the web site from reading files in Secure Notes.... What the heck? What an inconsistent interface! Please support secure notes having files in web interface. This doesn’t make any sense!

FEEDBACK 9: 1Password Portable option (USB) - please, pretty please, give us an option to run 1Password with -portable command argument to store all its files in 1 folder.

FEEDBACK 10: Allow adding multiple files at once when attaching files to an entry. Right now on Windows it's 1 at a time and it's not ideal at all.

QUESTION: Is there any way to empty the “Recently deleted” in 1Password Windows or Mac version? Tried both and could not

1Password Version: 80400002, on BETA channel
Extension Version: version 2.1.3
OS Version: Windows 10 LTSC 1809 and Big Sur (latest)

Comments

• Ben
    Options

@mia

Thank you for taking the time to provide this overview of your feedback. I've responded to a number of these points individually in other threads. We'll compile all of the feedback and review it as we iterate on each of these areas.

QUESTION: Is there any way to empty the “Recently deleted” in 1Password Windows or Mac version? Tried both and could not

Through the web app you can click the 'View Recently Deleted' button at the bottom of the left-hand sidebar in a vault view. Then click 'Destroy' next to each item listed. This should clear the view. I'll have to take a look and see what the status of that is in the desktop app.

FEEDBACK 9: 1Password Portable option (USB) - please, pretty please, give us an option to run 1Password with -portable command argument to store all its files in 1 folder.

What would be the use case for this that is not served by the web app?

Ben

• mia
    mia
    Community Member
    edited October 2021
    Options

@Ben [What would be the use case for this that is not served by the web app?]

We've had this discussion in the past... wink

This has nothing to do with portability of my logins. There are legions of users like me who prefer apps not pollute the registry or install itself all over the computer. There is something very precious about the sanctity of one's company. Nerds like me like knowing where all the files for my apps go.
    The request for portability is to simply allow a command line argument option (1password.exe -portable) for 1Password's app to force 1Password to store all settings into its own folder. If reinstalling windows, data stored portably on D:\ drive will make recovery much, much easier. That's all. If we can get that -portable shortcut, I (along with others) would be very grateful.

99% of my software are portable. 1Password has worked its way to a very difficult to climb wall of apps that I need to function day to day and cannot be portable (VPN, VMWare, PriPrinter, Boom3D, and Microsoft Office 2021, Sandboxie).

Sandboxing of settings is the future (as Apple can attest in iOS) so please give us this option. We've wanted something like this in v4 and there's an opportunity now that the app is electron based to do it.

• mia
    mia
    Community Member
    Options

You may want to know @Ben that Family Memberships look like they're being mistakenly advertised as 1GB per person now, unless something changed?? I didn't believe my friend until I checked it myself.

• Ben
    Options

@mia

A feature request was filed to consider increasing the default amount of storage that comes with 1Password Families from 1GB total. As of writing, the storage should now be 1GB per person, rather than 1GB total. If you're having trouble storing more than 1GB total please reach out to our membership team at support@1password.com and they can double check the storage available/used on your membership for you.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• mia
    mia
    Community Member
    Options

So are you saying that Agilebits saw the support request you filed for me, acted on it immediately, and the Family plan now includes 1GB per person x 5 potential (1GB per person) ?

That sounds like wonderful news!

• @mia:

Wonderful news indeed! :smile:

Jack

• mia
    mia
    Community Member
    Options

Feedback 6 has been resolved in latest beta.

• Ben
    Options

🎉 Thanks for the update @mia.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.