Items are getting created under "Passwords" when I update a password

Options
ajahn
ajahn
Community Member
edited October 2021 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I'm using 1Password 6.8.9 on my mac. I've been trying to do some cleanup to get ready to upgrade to the Family membership. I've been using the stand-alone app forever. Anyway, I've been looking at my current (weak) passwords and have been going out to many websites and using 1Password to generate stronger passwords. When I update a password, I get the usual popup asking me to update it in 1Password. For example, "Artrage Member". After I update, I can see the new password for the "Artrage Member" login item, but I also notice another item in the "Passwords" section called members.artrage.com that has the new password as well. Why are these items getting created? After verifying that the login item has been updated, I just move that other one to the trash. But do I need it? Why is it getting created?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ajahn!

If I remember correctly, this was a bug in the past. The latest versions of the app should behave much better when it comes to avoiding duplicates :+1:

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

I noticed that it doesn't happen for every site. I'll be glad to upgrade. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome @ajahn :)

This discussion has been closed.