Bug: Applying an item icon effects filter is permanent, and is re-applied to all subsequent icons?

RedTomato
RedTomato
Community Member

I was changing the icon of my credit cards because they are all similar. I added a .png of my bank logo and tried clicking the 'add effect' to see what happened. It made the effect (swirl etc) permanent. The effect couldn't be removed, and the effect is re-applied to all subsequent icons! (except default icons and live camera pictures). Annoying.

To recreate:

• Open 1Password.
  • Choose an item - eg credit card
  • Edit the item
  • Double-click on the icon to edit it.
  • Upload an image file eg .png
  • Click on 'Effects' button (small square to right of magnification slider)
  • Choose an effect and apply it.
  • Save all changes to the icon and to the item.

• Now re-open editing, and try to remove effect. It cannot be removed.

• Now upload a different image file (or the original image file). Effect is re-applied & cannot be removed.
  • If icon image is changed to one of the 'default' icons, or if a pic is taken from the camera, effect is gone.
  • But if another image file is uploaded, or a recently used image is chosen, affect is re-applied.

What should happen:

• Icon effects chooser should offer a 'no effects' option.
  • Icon effects should not be re-applied to new images, or re-applied when a recently used image is chosen.

Kind regards Tom
(MacOS 11.6, 1Password 7.7.8)

1Password Version: 7.7.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.6

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RedTomato!

Can you please try updating to 1Password 7.9 and see if that solves this?

• RedTomato
    RedTomato
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana thanks for replying. I've updated to 1Password 7.9 and the bug is very much still there.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@RedTomato:

Thank you for the confirmation. I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.