Testing 1P Business

Hi. I'm a long-time 1P user, and I'm testing a Business account coming from a standalone 1P7 license.

I would like to use the account to share passwords with clients.
I have created a guest account that I have added to my Business account as a test.
Everything seems to work fine, except that on the guest account, there is a banner that should be there:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/27br034wvvcfnkl/1p-guest-banner.jpg?dl=0

Why am I supposed to pay for my client's 1P account?
Also, if I delete this guest test account, do I free up the "slot"?
A Business account comes with 20 guest slots if I am right. Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @mrCloud,

First, thanks so much for being a long time 1Password supporter and taking the time to test out 1Password Business. 👋

With 1Password Business, every full team member in your account is given the option to redeem a free 1Password Families membership. This is one of the unique perks granted to business customers, and it helps your colleagues keep their work and personal passwords secure and separate across multiple devices. This is not an additional purchase and it's included with your subscription to 1Password Business.

Any guests you invite to your 1Password account are not granted this perk; only team members have access to it. Just to confirm, did you perhaps invite the second user as a team member? If not, you might still be signed in to the owner user for your business account, if that banner is present at the bottom of your profile page.

You can view a list of all 1Password users connected to your browser and sign in to them individually when you visit this page: https://start.1password.com

When you suspend or delete a guest from your account, this does free up the "slot" that was in use, allowing you add others. You're correct that 1Password Business supports 20 free guests users, with the option to add more guests beyond that number for an additional fee.

• mrCloud
    mrCloud
    Community Member

Hi, thanks for your reply.
    I'm sure I have selected Guest from the dropdown, but I can see it has been added as a Team member instead.
    What did I do wrong? Thanks.

• You're very welcome, @mrCloud.

I'm sure I have selected Guest from the dropdown, but I can see it has been added as a Team member instead.

Ah, that's odd. It's possible the Team Member option may have inadvertently been reselected before you sent the invitation.

Give me a shout if you notice any odd behavior going forward. :+1:

• mrCloud
    mrCloud
    Community Member

Maybe that was the case.
    I deleted the account and added a test guest once again, and everything was fine.

Well, except for one thing. Why if I invite a guest on my account that is in Italian, my client should go through the registration process in English?
    Imagine a non-techie that does not understand these things even in its native language. You are adding another layer of complexity :)

And I can see that the Italian language is already there. I just need to append l=it on the joining link. So it should be easy to fix from your side.

Another question. I can see a Private vault on my Business account. Can I use that for my personal logins? If so, the Family account included is supposed to be for my family members, not me. I could save a "slot" if I am correct.

Thanks!

• mrCloud
    mrCloud
    Community Member

Sorry, lot of questions :)
    I have convinced a client to buy a Business account. Does his account count on my 20 included guest slots if I invite him using his 1P Business email? I think it shouldn't.

• @mrCloud

Why if I invite a guest on my account that is in Italian, my client should go through the registration process in English?

The language you configure on 1Password.com only applies to your individual setup. English is the default language for new sign-ups and invitations, but we allow users to select another supported language at the bottom of the sign-up page:

I can see a Private vault on my Business account. Can I use that for my personal logins? If so, the Family account included is supposed to be for my family members, not me. I could save a "slot" if I am correct.

It's best to store your personal data in the Private vault of your family account and use the Private vault of your Business account to store any work-related data. For some background, each 1Password account is its own independent silo, complete with users, vaults, and items. So if you have a business account and you redeem the free family account, you'll have access to two Private vaults, one for each account, and you'll sign in separately to access them. You can also add both 1Password accounts to the same desktop and mobile apps, if choose to do so, providing you with access to vaults from both accounts. You can read more about managing multiple 1Password accounts in the article below:

How to use multiple accounts

Sorry, lot of questions :) I have convinced a client to buy a Business account. Does his account count on my 20 included guest slots if I invite him using his 1P Business email? I think it shouldn't.

No need to apologize, our team is always happy to assist. To your question, each person you invite to your business account, even if they already belong to a separate 1Password account, will need to be invited as a new user on your team (guest or team member), and if they are invited as a guest, this will count towards the amount.

For any other questions concerning the amount of guest users and general pricing concerns, I highly encourage you to contact our Go To Market team at business@1password.com. When you send that email you can provide a link to this thread in your message to help them connect the dots.

This discussion has been closed.